PDA

View Full Version : Looks so innocent...

Steve Kaluski
02-05-2019, 12:59 PM
This is the great thing about photography, it allows you to spend time with incredible creatures and as it appears Andreas has temporarily stopped posting his Bears I thought I would pop this one in. Can't wait to get back to these guys again.

Any blemishes you may notice in the BKG is snow.

Thanks to those who both viewed and more importantly, commented.

Steve

Subject: Polar bear (Ursus maritimus) on the pack ice
Camera: Canon 1DX MKI
Lens: 500f/4 MKII with 1.4 MKIII HH
Exposure: 1/2500s at f/8 ISO1600
Original format: landscape, very small crop from the LHS
Processed via: LRCC2019 & PSCC 2019

Gabriela Plesea
02-05-2019, 01:35 PM
Dear Steve,

You love the species so much... it shows in your images:w3 Seems you never process two polar bear frames in the same way and there's always something special about each and one of them.

What I like most about this image is how the subject fades into the background. White on white, but not quite...And yes the bear appears rather innocent, but the blood stains tell another story.
Love the framing, POV, head angle, prominent nose/muzzle with great detail. And I especially appreciate your thinking behind the image. Would love to see this on canvas:cheers:

Warmest regards,

John Mack
02-05-2019, 04:43 PM
The look on the bear is nice. The dried blood is a nice touch. Details look good.

haseeb badar
02-05-2019, 11:42 PM
I agree with Gabriela's first sentence. This is a remarkable image and it clearly shows how much you love this animal.

Loved the framing and the details, top class stuff. Excellent techs, exposure, and framing. Ticks all the boxes for me.

TFS !

Andreas Liedmann
02-08-2019, 03:14 PM
Hi Steve .... thanks for taking my part :bg3:.... sadly i am busy with other stuff , and struggling to sit in front of a screen for a longer time . So editing comes too short at the moment .....

I keep it short for you .... just works as presented for me . Top work Steve !!!!!!
Think we know this bear already ....

TFS Andreas