PDA

View Full Version : Female Wood Duck

Krishna Prasad kotti
02-04-2019, 12:33 PM
I made this image at Beus Pond, Last Weekend.

This was taken moments earlier before my other post. Unfortunately I could not get similar pose for Male Wood Duck which I posted earlier.

Nikon D500, 600 f/4 + 1.4x TC III
1/1000 sec; f/5.6; ISO 2000
Manual; Matrix metering
Fill Flash

Post Processing:-

Raw C1P, Nik Filter at reduced opacity.
Cloned small distraction on left of image near Bird face.
Neat Image NR

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Krishna

Jonathan Ashton
02-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Wow that looks pretty cool to me, I like the walking position especially on the ice and the clearly delineated water droplets.

Mike Poole
02-04-2019, 12:40 PM
Great low shooting angle and the bird is in a great position relative to the sensor. The bird looks a little brighter than I'd expect, although I will add I've only ever seen one in the flesh! It might be as a result of the flash

Mike

David Cowling
02-04-2019, 02:29 PM
Low shooting angle, good feather detail and walking pose all make for a lovely image. The bird is lovely and sharp and stands out well against the white background. Never seen one and wish we had them in uk. TFS

annmpacheco
02-04-2019, 03:17 PM
Krishna,
fabulous BG and lovely woodie strutting along. I also like the droplets of of snow on her back. POV is keen!

John Mack
02-04-2019, 04:32 PM
Nice to see the female. The pose is nice and the details look pretty good.

Isaac Grant
02-04-2019, 07:47 PM
Pretty cool seeing her out of the water and on the ice. Details look OK to me, not great. I also do not like the colors as they are not true to what a female wood duck looks like. The bird is too yellow. When using flash, the flash will almost always wash out the bird a bit and in post you have to build the tones and depth of the bird back up. You can do it many ways with levels, curves, selective color adding blacks, etc. Sometimes I do all 3 when working on a flashed shot. To me you need to build some depth back in the bird as it has that thin flashed look about it. If you do that and toggle back and forth between the before and after you will see a subtle but big difference between the images before and after adding more blacks and depth to the shot.

gail bisson
02-05-2019, 06:16 AM
I love your low POV and the walking pose.
I would never have thought to use flash in this situation but it looks OK.
A bit of blacks added to entire image in selective coloring and a slight boost in saturation would be nice,
Gail

Arthur Morris
02-13-2019, 10:11 AM
Colors look fine and natural to me. And I like the setting and the framing.

with love, artie