PDA

View Full Version : Into the Water

Krishna Prasad kotti
02-02-2019, 08:50 PM
I made this image at Beus Pond, UT.

This is a man made pond and is very good for Wood Ducks in Winter. Trick is go to this pond right after snow (with Frozen Lake) to get good backgrounds.

Nikon D500, 600 f/4 +1.4x TCIII
ISO 2000, f/5.6, 1/1000 sec
Matrix Metering, Manual Mode
Group AF

Post processing:-

Raw- C1P
Nik 50-50 Filter at reduced opacity
Adjustment in CS6
Light Crop

Hope you like it. Let me know what you think of the same.

Thanks
Krishna

annmpacheco
02-02-2019, 09:58 PM
I like it a bunch Krishna, well done. The icy waters add a nice texture and the walk in to the water is something different. Colors look great and not sure about some of the whites being blown but i am also not sure how to work around that on a wood duck, for example, neck and upper back whites. Terrific details on that foot!

David Roach
02-03-2019, 08:02 AM
Love the pose(looks like the foot is testing ice), SH, details, colors and BG. Whites look great on my monitor.

Jonathan Ashton
02-03-2019, 10:56 AM
Beautiful Krishna I like it very much, I like it as it is..........
If you want suggestions I would check out the black cheek - is there some detail to be had?. The bill has been hit by the light - would a little luminance adjustment help? How about a tiny bit less contrast? Was the Nik filter really required?

Krishna Prasad kotti
02-03-2019, 11:06 AM
Beautiful Krishna I like it very much, I like it as it is..........
If you want suggestions I would check out the black cheek - is there some detail to be had?. The bill has been hit by the light - would a little luminance adjustment help? How about a tiny bit less contrast? Was the Nik filter really required?

Thank you for the comment.

Regarding the Nik Filter- It opened the shadows a little and increased the feather details I guess. I did not over process the image so I did not make any other changes.

William Dickson
02-03-2019, 02:57 PM
Very nice indeed. What a great pose and the colours look real good. Well captured.

Will

John Mack
02-03-2019, 04:59 PM
Nice view of this wood duck. The ice is nice. The bird looks very sweet.

Arthur Morris
02-03-2019, 05:17 PM
Nice bird, image design, and pose. It is hard to get the purple cheek patch in lousy light.

with love, artie

Dorian Anderson
02-04-2019, 12:35 AM
Love the detail and color. Another bird would not be so interesting in the flat light. Detail on the foot is really nice. Did you use a flash? The catchlight in the solid dark part of the eye is odd......

Krishna Prasad kotti
02-04-2019, 01:18 AM
Love the detail and color. Another bird would not be so interesting in the flat light. Detail on the foot is really nice. Did you use a flash? The catchlight in the solid dark part of the eye is odd......

I used Fill Flash. Forgot to add that earlier.