PDA

View Full Version : Emerging Flower

Alfred Forns
06-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Started with a water lilly made duplicate layer, converted to black and white. Conversion made using the channel mixer (image>adjust>channel mixer) Then made an adjustment layer for slight tinting. Flatten image and new adjustment layer then played around with different blending modes.

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Julie Kenward
06-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Sooner or later all of the bird people are going to wonder where everybody went...and won't they be surprised to find you all over here in OOTB working on flowers! :D:D:D

I really like this, Al. I love that you left the BG in b&w because it puts all the emphasis on the waterlily where it belongs. The one thing I noticed right off the bat was that I was wishing it had just a little bit more intensity in the yellows of the flower to brighten it just a bit more.

Great DOF and love the way you combined the desaturated photo with the original. Mmm, mmm good! :)

Oscar Zangroniz
06-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Great work Al. Love the cool feel to this one.
Julie, we have no birds left down here. It's so hot and miserable that's why we are shooting other things. Can't wait for Oct, Nov.
Regards

Jill Davis
06-29-2008, 05:48 PM
brilliant minds think alike!!! great photo!! love the treatment. did you desaturate the flower?

Fabs Forns
06-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Very lovely and it looks even better printed in the artsy paper :)

Alfred Forns
06-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Jill I converted a layer into black and white them made layer mask and painted with reduced opacity !!!

Michael Pancier
06-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Beautiful Alfred. I'd frame this one.

Sharna Lee
06-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Gorgeous Alfred. I love the soft colors against the b&w.
I laughed out loud when I read about the "bird people" all coming over to OOTB. That's too funny.

Alfred Forns
06-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Hey Sharna nothing funny about that :D:D:D:cool:

Anita Rakestraw
06-30-2008, 02:49 AM
It is lovely, Al! I got a kick out of the comments about bird people playing with OOTB, flowers, etc. The spring flurry of bird activity and variety of visible birds seems to have declined alot here too....just as my new 500mm lens has arrived! Well, maybe I'll be ready by fall!

Alfred Forns
06-30-2008, 06:30 AM
Anita the 500 is the best for flowers and close up stuff !! ... its my favorite macro lens !!!!

Gus Cobos
07-01-2008, 09:29 PM
I like it Al,
The effect and texture of the flower is fantastic. Personal preference, I would add texture to the blemished petal at the 12 o'clock position, it looks like two small holes, and also clone in a tad of white to the tip of the one in the two o'clock position...thats all...:D