PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise..

Don Railton
01-31-2019, 06:25 AM
Taken with an old Mamiya RZ67 and a 16MP digital back (H20).. Forgotten the settings and this model DB puts very little data into the metadata file so I cannot just look it up.. I think it was the 50mm lens and was definitely tripod mounted. Its a 3 image stitch assembled in CS6.. Converted from RAW using Capture one..

Colin Driscoll
02-10-2019, 12:10 AM
A decent shot Don, but would have been better if nature had provided you with a bit more colour in the clouds!

Don Railton
02-10-2019, 07:42 PM
Thanks Colin.. yep, you only get what you are given i guess. But your suggestion makes me think i could crop off from the top. This moves the horizon away from the middle and if I then lightened the Fg It might lift it a little.. Will give it a go and repost.

Don

Don Railton
02-10-2019, 08:11 PM
Hi Colin

Here is the image redone. I used a bit of detail extractor in the FG and cropped 2:1 mainly off the top but a little off the RHS as well.. I think its a lot better, but tell me which you prefer...

Andrew McLachlan
02-20-2019, 06:40 PM
Hi Don...your self critique to crop the image takes it up the notch it needed! To add a bit more punch you could open the image in NIK Viveza and place a control point on the orange sky and move the warmth slider to the right to taste.

Don Railton
02-21-2019, 05:26 AM
Hi Don...your self critique to crop the image takes it up the notch it needed! To add a bit more punch you could open the image in NIK Viveza and place a control point on the orange sky and move the warmth slider to the right to taste.

Thanks Andrew.. I will work on it a bit more however I am starting to think it might be just putting lipstick on a pig..

Krishna Prasad kotti
03-05-2019, 10:41 PM
Interesting scene. I like both image. First image bit better than the repost.

I think Vignetting adds to the image. Might be tempted to reduce the Vignetting the Original Post.

TFS

John Mack
03-10-2019, 09:00 AM
Color in the sky is nice. Like the boat and the foreground branches.