PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Phoebe

Joseph Przybyla
01-30-2019, 08:27 AM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 400mm
1/2000 F/7.1 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 1400 Auto 1 WB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reduction, a couple pieces of vegetation removed from the background for a cleaner appearance
Cropped for composition and presentation

Raybel Robles
01-30-2019, 11:56 AM
Very nice image, like the tones of the colors here and the soft light. The bird gave you a good HA, I would take off some from the top and right, moving the bird a bit more up by doing this.

annmpacheco
01-30-2019, 12:47 PM
Sweet Phoebe Joe, and really like the clean perch and BG. The soft colors throughout are wonderful, well done.

Isaac Grant
01-30-2019, 03:59 PM
Hey Joe, the simple perch is not but not ideal. Nice pose and great background. I would crop this as 16:9 so as to get rid of some of the empty space above the bird. To me the processing is off. The bird looks washed out, the perch looks like far too much NR was applied and looks rubbery to me , and the fine feather details on the bird are lacking. Not sure if this is from processing or what but I do not see the same level of details that I am used to on your pictures.

Ryan Schain
01-30-2019, 06:15 PM
Beautiful image, Phoebes are the best. I'd lose some of the top of the image. I also think you added noise reduction to the actual bird itself, instead of just the background, which detracts from the image quite a bit.

John Mack
01-30-2019, 08:11 PM
The diaganol perch is nice. The background is sweet. Also like the pose on the bird. Nice light as well.

Joseph Przybyla
01-31-2019, 06:38 AM
Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting, very much appreciated. I revisited the image and addressed your suggestions to improve the image.