PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Goatsbeard (Yellow Salsify)

Ravi Hirekatur
01-29-2019, 04:28 PM
Taken at a State Park during summer
Canon 7D II + 180/3.5
f/5.5, 1/250, ISO 800
Canon DPP4, PSCC, Nik TC/DE, NR with Neat image

Appreciate comments and critiques

Jonathan Ashton
02-01-2019, 04:45 AM
Beautiful Ravi, what a marvellous looking structure the flower has. I really like the colours and the background too. I am guessing from the techs the image was hand held, if the opportunity for tripod and no wind occurs it would look even better either stacked or with a smaller aperture say f11-16, but hey hats off I think it is beautiful - well done.

Ravi Hirekatur
02-01-2019, 11:25 PM
Thanks Jonathan for your comments. The camera was tripod mounted, but wind and the background were factors for choosing the aperture. I found this flower incredibly beautiful. I did a stack for a much closer image, but haven't assembled it yet.

Jonathan Ashton
02-02-2019, 05:02 AM
Thanks Jonathan for your comments. The camera was tripod mounted, but wind and the background were factors for choosing the aperture. I found this flower incredibly beautiful. I did a stack for a much closer image, but haven't assembled it yet.

Ravi, if the stack is successful I would love to see it.

Steve Maxson
02-12-2019, 11:34 AM
A very interesting flower and nice job of positioning the camera at f/5.5 to get the whole flower sharp! Also, soft light, good detail in the yellows, and a pleasing OOF background. Very well done!

John Mack
02-17-2019, 08:57 AM
Very nice. The crop works very well. The pattern of the flower is beautiful.