PDA

View Full Version : Anna's hummingbird

Kapil Kapre
01-28-2019, 09:42 PM
This was taken this past fall. The perch is just a tree in my backyard where I had a hummingbird feeder set up.
Gear: 6DM2, Sigma 150-600 @ 600m, F/6.3, 1/640s, ISO 1250
PP: Cloned out a stray branch.

greg cowle
01-28-2019, 11:36 PM
Nice pose you caught here. I like the background, interesting with the bright part in the lower center.

Mike Poole
01-29-2019, 11:31 AM
Unusual shot for a hummer, I've not seen one like this before. I think it might work better as a vertical, coming in from the right, and whilst I like the feel of the lower white area I think it would look better if it was a little less bright

Mike

Isaac Grant
01-29-2019, 12:03 PM
I share Mike's thoughts exactly. Very pretty shot but make it a vertical and lower tone down the brightest area on the bottom being sure not to make it look like an unnatural border between the stem and the background. Try any adjustment with a large feather.

William Dickson
01-29-2019, 01:40 PM
A great looking pose and perch...Nice detail on the bird...Have to agree about the crop though

Will

Kapil Kapre
01-29-2019, 02:38 PM
Nice pose you caught here. I like the background, interesting with the bright part in the lower center.
Thanks !

Unusual shot for a hummer, I've not seen one like this before. I think it might work better as a vertical, coming in from the right, and whilst I like the feel of the lower white area I think it would look better if it was a little less bright

Mike
Thanks the the feedback!

I share Mike's thoughts exactly. Very pretty shot but make it a vertical and lower tone down the brightest area on the bottom being sure not to make it look like an unnatural border between the stem and the background. Try any adjustment with a large feather.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

A great looking pose and perch...Nice detail on the bird...Have to agree about the crop though

Will
Thanks!

John Mack
01-30-2019, 08:11 PM
Looks like the background is in the sun and bird in the shade. Which i like. Agree about the vertical framing. Nice one.

Arthur Morris
01-30-2019, 10:40 PM
Interseting hummer image. The bright area at the bottom overpowers the bird and the image and the bird could be opened up a bit.

with love, artie

Kapil Kapre
01-31-2019, 07:13 PM
Thanks for all the feedback!