PDA

View Full Version : Coming in to Land

Krishna Prasad kotti
01-23-2019, 11:56 PM
I made this image on the first day of Bosque Trip close to sunset at Main Pond.

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

I went with dark moody image feel.

Nikon D500, 500 f/4 +1.4x TCIII
1/6400 sec; f/5.6; ISO 1000
Manual; Matrix metering

Post Processing:-

Removed Dark line in the background
Removed 3rd out of focus head
Raw Processing using C1P
Nik Filters
Neat Image

dankearl
01-24-2019, 12:34 AM
I like the Main subject..and I generally like of OOF birds in the frame, but I would just get rid of them here.

arash_hazeghi
01-24-2019, 01:12 AM
I like the dynamic pose, the image is very small on my screen and doesn't show much details. I am not sure about the dark and bright BG and how the boundary runs right through the goose, an all-dark or all-bright would have been much better here, you can bring out the goose a bit more, especially the wing tips that are lost in the dark and overall the whole image looks dark on my screen...the OOF heads are distracting

TFS

John Mack
01-24-2019, 06:37 PM
The light is really sweet and i like the pose. I would take the lower birds out. Nice one.

Daniel Cadieux
01-25-2019, 05:35 AM
Great light, and the incoming goose has the best landing/flight pose you could ask for. Although the BG does not bother me, I agree it is unfortunate the wingtips get lost in the dark. Yes to removing the oof heads, they are too low and too few to work as they could have IMO.

David Cowling
01-25-2019, 06:29 AM
Great landing pose and well focused, I would try and brighten the bird a tad to make it stand out a bit more against the dark background. Agree to losing the OOF heads as for me they don't do anything for the image.

Arthur Morris
01-27-2019, 09:09 AM
What bugs me the most is that the wingtips are lost in the black background. Things would have been better if the wings were fully spread ...

with love, arite