PDA

View Full Version : Resting Sandhill Cranes Silhouette

Krishna Prasad kotti
01-22-2019, 12:59 AM
I made this image early Morning Bosque Del Apache Near Main Ponds Dec 27 2018

I was waiting for Blast off and I saw the 2 tone water colors with Sandhill cranes and made this image.

I went for Simple Image design.

I was in Shutter Priority for Blurs during morning with Auto ISO

Nikon D500, 500 f/4
1/13 sec; f/4.5; ISO 2500 , +1 EV (Auto ISO)
Shutter priority; Matrix metering

Hope you like this image.

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Krishna

gail bisson
01-22-2019, 07:01 AM
I prefer your last 2 images.
I like where you have placed the cranes in the frame but I don't like the ripples in the water.
I would clone out the spots in the water and rotate the image CW,
Gail

Isaac Grant
01-22-2019, 11:21 AM
Colors here are beautiful. Unlike most people I do not like all black silhouettes and like just a touch of details to show. Agree with some clockwise rotation.

Daniel Cadieux
01-22-2019, 12:39 PM
I'm OK with solid silhouettes, but to me it seems the overall tones seem a touch bright to have those silhouettes as such, maybe it's just me. I agree the colours are nice, and I also agree with some CW rotation needed.

John Mack
01-22-2019, 04:44 PM
Pretty striking image with the dark/light going on here.

Krishna Prasad kotti
01-22-2019, 11:02 PM
Thank you all for the comments.

Here is the repost with Clockwise rotation.

I remember that I leveled the camera before making this image.

so I did not both correcting the same in post.

Not sure How I missed it.

Jake Levin
01-23-2019, 12:48 PM
I like the fact that you can see some detail in the silhouettes. The repost is an improvement with the CW rotation. Perhaps I might have tried to go a little higher or lower to avoid the colour change going through the middle of the body. As for the water itself, I like it with the bubbles and the background waves; it gives the image just a bit more interest, and water isn't usually glass-flat with nothing on it anyway. Nice job!

Arthur Morris
01-31-2019, 05:57 PM
I love this image for many reasons. #1 is that you got high enough. I love the lines. For a big print I would lose the little black spots in the water.

with love, artie