PDA

View Full Version : Loch Ness Monster...

Joseph Przybyla
01-19-2019, 07:06 AM
I captured this image of a Double-crested Cormorant at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 400mm
1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 500 Auto 1 WB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reduction, removed a couple blades of grass from the lower left in the frame
Cropped for composition and presentation

Arthur Morris
01-19-2019, 08:29 AM
Hey Joe, This one is plenty sharp and it is great that you have the bird off center. I love the sheet of water on its back and the head angle is perfect for this subject to film plane orientation.

with love from San Diego, artie

Dorian Anderson
01-19-2019, 07:02 PM
Beautiful light and facial detail, Joe. Huge fan of the saturated blue water, right outta my own playbook! Just wish for a slightly lower angle to maximize the subject isolation.

John Mack
01-19-2019, 09:13 PM
Nice view of this comorant. The water acorss the back is pretty neat. The light looks nice and bright.

William Dickson
01-20-2019, 06:22 PM
I really like this one Joe. Fab pose and colours throughout. It ain't the Loch Ness Monster though, because I have seen that :w3

Will

Joseph Przybyla
01-21-2019, 07:45 PM
Just wish for a slightly lower angle to maximize the subject isolation.

Hi Dorian, yup a lower angle would have isolated the head and neck better but then the water sheeting over the back would have been lost. When a Cormorant is fishing like this one was it only surfaces for a few seconds and where it will surface is a guess, mostly a grab shot to capture the image. Also laying down next to the water in Florida is not a good idea... many alligators, natures perfect ambush predator. Thanks for viewing and commenting, very much appreciated.