© Sasan Nejadi
Canon
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Macintosh
EF600mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x III

Dumay de Boulle
01-16-2019, 04:01 PM
Hey Sasan...Amazing light and pose.
I think you may get some comments around the busy perch. It has shaped around the Kestrel nicely. I have seen many kestrels and they tend to like thorny bushes and trees. Areas where their prey like to nest.
I would try tone down the oranges and warmth as I can see warmth in the whites of the tail.

TFS!!

Bill Dix
01-16-2019, 04:47 PM
Sweet light, beautiful bird. I don't mind the busy perch; in fact I think it frames the bird very well. The warmth of the frame does jump out at me, but I wasn't there.

dankearl
01-16-2019, 05:07 PM
i like the perch. I think it could go darker overall.

John Mack
01-16-2019, 07:18 PM
Framing is great and placement of the bird is spot on. Killer background and some killer light.

Isaac Grant
01-16-2019, 09:03 PM
Beautiful bird and pose. Details look nice. I think the whole image has a strong yellow cast that I would remove. I would also bump up the blacks a few points on the bird as well.

sasan nejadi
01-16-2019, 11:08 PM
Beautiful bird and pose. Details look nice. I think the whole image has a strong yellow cast that I would remove. I would also bump up the blacks a few points on the bird as well.

Hi isaac . thanks for your comment , This color is golden light in the winter sunset and it,s not color cast , I love this natural color

Isaac Grant
01-16-2019, 11:44 PM
Hi Sasan. I appreciate what you are saying but I disagree. In super warm and saturated light the camera does not properly capture what our eyes see. The photo has a strong orange cast to it which is sensor related. I had this issue every time I shot in super warm evening light with my 1dx2. In post you have to tone a bit of that warm light out because it makes the bird look unnatural. Did a quick repost to get rid of the orange cast and the deepen the colors a touch. Did not worry about getting the whites perfect or really fixing the blown highlights on the legs. I have seen Common Kestrel hunting in the very first warm light of the day and they are not as orange as your original photo shows, even in that light.

arash_hazeghi
01-17-2019, 12:33 AM
Hi Sassan, pretty shot with great details and I like the perch too. These are a bit different than the north American specie. agree with the red cast, it is very strong to the point that whites are completely yellow you can reduce it while keeping the overall sunset mood and warm tones, it's a fine line. Issac's re-post feels more natural to my eye for sunset shot

TFS

sasan nejadi
01-17-2019, 02:09 AM
Hi Sasan. I appreciate what you are saying but I disagree. In super warm and saturated light the camera does not properly capture what our eyes see. The photo has a strong orange cast to it which is sensor related. I had this issue every time I shot in super warm evening light with my 1dx2. In post you have to tone a bit of that warm light out because it makes the bird look unnatural. Did a quick repost to get rid of the orange cast and the deepen the colors a touch. Did not worry about getting the whites perfect or really fixing the blown highlights on the legs. I have seen Common Kestrel hunting in the very first warm light of the day and they are not as orange as your original photo shows, even in that light.

Thanks isaac for your comment and idea , you are right

sasan nejadi
01-17-2019, 02:12 AM
Hi Sassan, pretty shot with great details and I like the perch too. These are a bit different than the north American specie. agree with the red cast, it is very strong to the point that whites are completely yellow you can reduce it while keeping the overall sunset mood and warm tones, it's a fine line. Issac's re-post feels more natural to my eye for sunset shot

TFS

Hi arash , Thank for your comment

Arthur Morris
01-17-2019, 09:01 AM
I like both versions :) And the perch bush fits perfectly with the subject and the pose.

with love,

artie

ps: do pt the eye dropper on the WHITEs in the original post and see what RGB values you get. The question though is a never-ending one and the answer is a personal decision. Isaac, aren't the WHITEs in an image made in golden light supposed to be warmer than the WHITEs in an image made as 10am? BTW, both the OP and the RP look very much the same when I scroll ....

Isaac Grant
01-17-2019, 02:22 PM
Yes Artie the whites should be warmer, but not orange. Agree it is a fine line.

gail bisson
01-17-2019, 06:38 PM
Sasan- this is gorgeous.
You have the most beautiful light and backgrounds where you live. I am jealous.
I will trade you my snow for your desert!
I like the version that Isaac did but it truly is a matter of taste.
So nice and sharp and I love the way the thorny branches "cup" the kestrel
A truly beautiful frame. Well done,
Gail

Mike Poole
01-18-2019, 11:52 AM
All has been said about how good this frame is, wonderful light and pose. I do prefer Isaacs repost

Mike