PDA

View Full Version : Cypress Lake - Osceola County

Michael Pancier
06-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Stopped by today on the way back from visiting the Rat.

I shot this with IR, but image is more in the genre of traditional B&W so I post it here.

20d+ Canon 10-22
ISO 800
f/11
1/160
Processed in CS 3

Roman Kurywczak
06-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Hi Michael,
does have a more traditional B&W look. The lines the water create from the left, right, and even both sides in the center near the horizon, separated by the grass combine to form a very nice composition. Even the cloud patterns all draw me into the image! originally I was going to suggest "sign removal" but after looking this over for a while.........I feel even they add to the scale and depth of the image. Very well done!
PS Where is the Rat???

Judd Patterson
06-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Michael, this view is really nice...love the foreground grasses poking through the dark, dark water and the great sky that you captured. My only suggestion would be to increase the contrast even farther. I like a B&W that has vivid black and bright whites...the entire tonal range. The black look great here, but I'd give a try to bringing out the lighter tones. Nice work with the infrared!

Michael Pancier
06-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Judd, will give it a try. Roman, the Rat = Walt Disney World :-p

Can't tell from the size but there was a cormorant on the near sign.

Robert Amoruso
06-30-2008, 07:16 AM
I agree with Judd's comments on the whites - bring them up go get a full tonal range.

I feel losing the signs would be a good move here. At least try it an see - the image has so many strong natural compositional elements, the signs are very unnatural to me even though compositionally they work.

Paul Marcellini
06-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Another vote for losing the signs. But I'm prejudiced against man made things=) Otherwise I really like it, the nice open view. The foreground contrast is fine for me, but I agree to bump the whites in the clouds.