PDA

View Full Version : on the hunt...

annmpacheco
01-14-2019, 04:10 PM
This was taken in Texas, somewhere near Corpus Christi and lying at the water's edge. In the shallows there were schools of small fish and sometimes the strike was successful, sometimes not! Despite the light being somewhat harsh, I liked the details, and the dynamic crouched movement with the flying mud and splash.

1Dx
600mm handheld

ISO 500
1/3200

John Mack
01-14-2019, 06:32 PM
I like it. The pose is very interesting and the splashing water is nice as well.

Paul Burdett
01-14-2019, 10:26 PM
Hi Anne...A definite winner there! Really like the stance, feather detail and "mud action". BG works well too.

dankearl
01-15-2019, 12:22 AM
First rate Bird Photography.....
All I can say.

David Salem
01-15-2019, 02:16 AM
Cool capture Ann! Love the action going on here and the bird definitly looks focused. This is definitly one of those images we talked about where I would re-sharpen only the head as the critical focus seems to have landed on the left leg and the head isn't as sharp. I tried .4@80% and it looked much better. An easy fix for a neat action shot like this. Well done

gail bisson
01-15-2019, 01:03 PM
Very dynanic pose and I love the flying mud droplets.
I so wish that the back leg was within DOF (i know it is not possible but a girl can wish!)
Nice low POV and I am OK with the sharpness of head but I would certainly do what Dave suggests to see if it looks better.
I like the clean FG.
If this was mine, I would clone out the specular highlight on the rear foot spalsh,
Gail

Dumay de Boulle
01-15-2019, 01:30 PM
Lovely shooting angle and amazing pose. I like the mud flying around as well. DOF is unfortunately falling off on the head.

Arthur Morris
01-17-2019, 08:00 PM
Now that is one intent bird. It looks as if the lores were just beginning to color up ...

with love, artie