PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile Black-billed Magpie

Krishna Prasad kotti
01-12-2019, 05:28 PM
I made this image in Flaming Gorge UT, Last summer

Nikon D500, 300f/4 +1.7c TCIII
1/200 sec; f/6.7; ISO 1250
Manual; Matrix metering

I wish I could have stopped down more. I could only make couple of snaps so there was no chance to make changes.

I chose this crop because I blown some whites due to back lighting.

Post processing:-
RAW - C1P, cropping using PS6, Nik Filters
Brightened the eye a little.

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Krishna

John Mack
01-12-2019, 08:19 PM
Solid portrait. Love the view of that eye. Nice and sharp.

Arthur Morris
01-13-2019, 09:26 AM
Sharp on the eye but otherwise one very big problem with this very difficult subject: the uneven lighting ...

with love, artie

ps: if you had stopped down enough to make the bill sharp you would have brought up lots of unwanted background detail. On that vein, did you blur the BKGR?

Krishna Prasad kotti
01-13-2019, 09:50 AM
Sharp on the eye but otherwise one very big problem with this very difficult subject: the uneven lighting ...

with love, artie

ps: if you had stopped down enough to make the bill sharp you would have brought up lots of unwanted background detail. On that vein, did you blur the BKGR?

Hi Artie, I was flat on the ground. So I think background would not have been a problem. I did not get a chance because as soon as I was on the ground they took off...

I did not change anything in the background.

Arthur Morris
01-13-2019, 11:39 AM
Hi Artie, I was flat on the ground. So I think background would not have been a problem. I did not get a chance because as soon as I was on the ground they took off...

I did not change anything in the background.

Thanks Krishna. You could have fooled me :)

with love, a

Isaac Grant
01-13-2019, 01:29 PM
Very cool looking bird and shot. When super close it is really hard to get enough DOF. Love the details around the eye and the reflections we see in the eye.

Dorian Anderson
01-13-2019, 08:05 PM
Good result given the tough lighting. The detail is beautiful and the reflection of the habitat in the eye is super cool. I like the bristles on the upper part of the beak.

arash_hazeghi
01-14-2019, 03:25 AM
pretty good close-up details, good processing too

TFS