PDA

View Full Version : Female Evening Grosbeak

Daniel Cadieux
01-12-2019, 09:01 AM
I've just returned from a fun family vacation to the Dominican Republic, but before I post some "warmer" birds here is one of a local bird I photographed a few days before leaving for the trip. There is a "main" feeder station where a flock of this species has been hanging out this winter. I setup my own smaller feeding station nearby and after a few minutes many of the main flock broke away and used mine. Fun!

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/500s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, almost FF, eye work, and an extra distracting pine needle removed in post (which should have been done physically on the spot instead).

Mike Poole
01-12-2019, 11:21 AM
Lovely setup Daniel and a beautiful result. The tones are spot on, techs as good as expected, no nits at all from me

Mike

Krishna Prasad kotti
01-12-2019, 06:12 PM
Beautiful Capture. Everything looks really good. I like the eye.

TFS

John Mack
01-12-2019, 08:21 PM
Really like how the bird is framed by the pine branches. Nice pose on the bird and the details look great as well.

Arthur Morris
01-13-2019, 09:32 AM
Killer bird, light, SH and image. The bird cooperated by landing exactly where you wanted it to and you made the most of it.

with love, artie

Isaac Grant
01-13-2019, 01:25 PM
This is exactly the kind of shot that I want of an Evening Grosbeak. Great perch, great details and great background. Perfect head angle. I would bump up the tones and blacks a tiny bit but personal preference.

William Dickson
01-13-2019, 06:38 PM
Beautiful frame Dan...Lovely details, BG and perch. I may crop just slightly from the RHS to remove that upwards going twig and slightly OOF needles.

Will

Dorian Anderson
01-13-2019, 08:15 PM
This is wonderful. A wonderfully engaging look with the perfect pine frame. I'm an odd stickler for details on the feet and this one meets all expectations. A species
that's avoid my lens, so I'm envious.....

Bill Dix
01-14-2019, 09:58 AM
Superb shot of this beauty. Great light, perch, pose, detail. And how nice of him to cooperate.

Stu Bowie
01-14-2019, 01:23 PM
Hi Dan, you couldnt have asked for a better pose, and so well framed between the pine needles. I like the light in this, and the overall IQ and sharpness is tops.

David Salem
01-15-2019, 02:37 AM
Bird calendar material! Looks great. I agree about bumping up the blacks and maybe a touch of saturation too. Thats a beaut Daniel