PDA

View Full Version : Pair of Baby Foxes Panorama

Brian Wong
06-28-2008, 10:03 PM
EOS 40D, 70-200 @180mm
1/320, f/4.5, ISO 800, tripod mount, manual exposure, 2 images stitched

Pair of Baby Foxes Panorama

This cute pair of baby foxes was photographed fairly quickly (using a tripod), as they crested the small hill.

They were aligned close enough to my focus swing-arc, that I decided to stitch them together to see how it would look. I like the pano feel, as I tried placing them on the thirds, and I hope the centering is not too distracting.

Thank you for looking, and your suggestions are appreciated.

Dan Brown
06-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Very nice Brian! I can really see the added resolution of the stitch. I suppose that the HAP will want the left hand critter to be looking at us:D. Dan Brown

Judd Patterson
06-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Brian this is great! The two kits look spectacular and the composition feels right to me. I like that one of the kits is giving us a look and the other is off on some other object of interest...fine work and a lovely panorama.

Robert Amoruso
06-30-2008, 07:06 AM
Dan, No HAP here in pano/landscape. Seeing the face is good enough and having one looking at Brian with catchlights is icing on the cake.

Brian, Great composition and placement. And good thinking of making a pano here. I did this a lot with the bears in Alaska. The foxes are so sharp they jump right out of the image. The FG to BG and sharpness of the foxes give it a 3D look. Nice work.

David Kennedy
06-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Brian,
I would be tempted to suggest a tighter crop to eliminate some of the background elements, especially the branch on the right edge of the frame, to make the foxes stand out even more. The crop from the bottom is discretionary, but I would urge you to think about tightening from the right and from the top to get rid of some of the extra foliage that I think compete with the subjects.

Robert Amoruso
06-30-2008, 12:46 PM
After seeing David's suggested crop, I feel it strengthens the composition.

That's why I am glad we have him as moderator in this forum, he has a good eye for pano composition.

Roman Kurywczak
06-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Very well done Brian. You know me..........I love that crop tool....love the closer look that David presented..

Brian Wong
07-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Dan, No HAP here in pano/landscape. Seeing the face is good enough and having one looking at Brian with catchlights is icing on the cake.

Brian, Great composition and placement. And good thinking of making a pano here. I did this a lot with the bears in Alaska. The foxes are so sharp they jump right out of the image. The FG to BG and sharpness of the foxes give it a 3D look. Nice work.

Thank you all for the helpful ideas, and encouragement! I agree with the problem in the corner and I like the cropping suggestions.

Yes, Thank you Robert ... actually, I was inspired by your bears in Alaska panorama! That image gave me the idea to give this one a try!

Maxis Gamez
07-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Excellent I'm with Michael on this one!

Arthur Morris
07-03-2008, 07:37 AM
Love the ORIG. Love the repost but would add a bit more to the right and either leave or QM out the remaining angled part of the branch; it might work well as a frame. As for the head angles, they are perfect. Incredible sharpness on the one on our right. I would love to see 400 pixel thumbs of the two images that this was created from.

Mike Lentz
07-03-2008, 01:10 PM
The raised alert ears and nice light make this nice.

Noel Carboni
07-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Cute! Especially good is that neither appears to be paying any attention to you. An excellent composition in pano format.

-Noel

Dave Phillips
07-06-2008, 03:15 PM
great pano Brian.
My personal preference is for the original crop......the space just seems more
like I would visualize the scene. Nice depth indeed.
The branch top rt is a bit distracting.....just remove it.

well done IMO sir

Brian Wong
07-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Love the ORIG. Love the repost but would add a bit more to the right and either leave or QM out the remaining angled part of the branch; it might work well as a frame. As for the head angles, they are perfect. Incredible sharpness on the one on our right. I would love to see 400 pixel thumbs of the two images that this was created from.

Thank you again everyone for the great feedback, and all the helpful opinions!

Sorry that I could not respond prompty ... I have been away again on another incredible, and inspiring photo workshop. I have to try catching up on everything again:(!

Hi Artie!
Here are the two images (converted but not modified) in 400 pixel, that I used to create this panorama. (I might have to do it in 2 separate post). Hope you are having a great trip!

Brian Wong
07-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Second 400 pixel (right) image of the pair.

Arthur Morris
07-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Thank you sir. I was just curious. It looks as if they came up over the same rise...