PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Shasta with umbrella

Terry Johnson
01-07-2019, 05:40 PM

Mt. Shasta CA with Lenticular Clouds.I believe that is what they are called.

Nikon D850
28-70 mm @ 70mm
1/350
ISO-64
F-8
Tripod

Your comments please...Terry Johnson:S3:

Krishna Prasad kotti
01-07-2019, 08:39 PM
Very Nice Capture.

I wish there more space in the bottom. Nice Clouds and everything else looks good.

TFS

Terry Johnson
01-07-2019, 10:57 PM
Thank you for your comment, I always appreciate the input. In reference to your suggestion, there is more space in the original image, however, I did not want to distract from the image of the mountain.

Don Railton
01-08-2019, 12:32 AM
Hi Terry
You have captured a pretty scene with interesting cloud. I think the composition is perfectly acceptable and nicely balanced without being a knockout (bit like my river scene:e3).. I also think you have pushed the upper half of the image (with brightness/contrast layer?) however which is perfectly fine by me, but i do think it has bleed over onto the ridgeline running approximately through the middle of the image and this darker ridgeline does not ring true, for me anyway.. If I am right about what you have done (and I am probably not..) I would try feathering that edge first (easy..) or refining the mask edge (a little more tedious) so the ridgeline lightens up a little...

Don

Terry Johnson
01-09-2019, 02:01 PM
Don, I did use a filter on the middle of the image and did notice I have a residual affect on the ridge line. I tried a couple of times to reduce the after glow but ran out of time so I decided to leave it the way it was.

Thanks for the input

Andrew McLachlan
01-09-2019, 03:23 PM
Very nice composition Terry! I would add back in a little more space on the bottom as well and agree with Don's critique of the ridgeline.