PDA

View Full Version : Above the clouds

Steve Kaluski
01-07-2019, 03:47 AM
Another one from last September whilst hiking in Zermatt, everything below was shrouded in the cloud, but occasionally there were odd breaks, but the mountains were still visible to a degree with the occasional bit of light shinning through.

Shot around 8.30am

Thanks to those who posted a comment or took a peak at the last image.

Steve

Camera: Canon 1DX MKII
Lens: 24-70f/2.8 HH
Exposure: 1/1600s at f/8 ISO400 FF on the width
Processed via: LRCC Classic & PSCC2019

Don Railton
01-07-2019, 05:27 AM
Hi Steve.
Another great image giving good sense of scale and grandeur, although I much prefer the previous. You could easily be flying here...! In this image I think you could happily crop some off the top (to just above the blue patch..) to draw the eyes down into the mountains. I don't think those upper clouds are needed. I might also have a play with lightening the area of the mountain slope visible just left of center to provide a more defined focal point for the eye.. Finally you have a couple (3 actually) of alpine dust bunnies playing in the cloud LLHS...

regards

Don

Steve Kaluski
01-07-2019, 07:08 AM
In this image I think you could happily crop some off the top (to just above the blue patch..)

Yep, I can see that working Don, thanks. I'll have a look at the slope, just trying to avoid thinks looking too 'Walt Disney' in terms of colour.

[QUOTE]Finally you have a couple (3 actually) of alpine dust bunnies playing in the cloud LLHS...[QUOTE]

DOH, could they have been any more poignant, can't believe I have missed those!!!! The bodies seriously need to go back to Canon for a 'wash & brush up' they are really grubby after Canada, UK, SA & India last year, so will get them cleaned later on, just limping through as I want to have them all cleaned for later this year, thanks for spotting them.

Andrew McLachlan
01-07-2019, 07:43 AM
Another beautiful scene Steve that will look even better with the suggested pano crop....dust bunnies noted :)

Steve Kaluski
01-07-2019, 08:55 AM
Cheers Andrew, I hope the RP will address the points raised, now a 16x9 rather than 16x10, many thanks guys.

David Cowling
01-07-2019, 10:18 AM
Breathtaking view. Clouds,snow and dappled sunlight create a fine image. These high altitude shots look easy but I know that they are not. TFS.

Steve Kaluski
01-07-2019, 12:59 PM
These high altitude shots look easy but I know that they are not.

Many thanks David, it's not an arena I tend to shoot in, but when away - why not? :S3:

Krishna Prasad kotti
01-07-2019, 05:06 PM
Beautiful Shot. Like the scene a lot..

Agree with the Pano crop.

TFS

Andrew McLachlan
01-09-2019, 03:19 PM
Hi Steve...I think the pano crop would be more effective if you cropped from the top down to just above the dark line of clouds. The dark line of clouds will frame the mountains well. Sorry...I should have been more specific with my pano crop suggestion :)

Steve Kaluski
01-10-2019, 01:42 AM
The dark line of clouds will frame the mountains well. Sorry...I should have been more specific with my pano crop suggestion :)

LOL Andrew, no worries, pop a RP up. :S3: