PDA

View Full Version : New MacPro with eight processor cores

Gyorgy Szimuly
01-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Apple has just announced the new ppower-tower what could be a nice solution for those using memory greedy Aperture. Find the article here. (http://www.macworld.com/article/131461/2008/01/macproupdate.html)

BR: Szimi

James Shadle
01-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Szimi,
Wow, what a machine.
If the machine sells for $2750 as the article stated, with features I read about.
That will be a image crushing machine that is relatively inexpensive compared to many I have see.

Alfred Forns
01-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Lots of extras to think about The most significant is the raid card I have my quad set up with four 750 GIG internals

Those machines are highly recommended !!!!

James Prudente
01-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Szimi,
Wow, what a machine.
If the machine sells for $2750 as the article stated, with features I read about.
That will be a image crushing machine that is relatively inexpensive compared to many I have see.
I configured a wish machine and it priced out at nearly $7000.00. I am sure one could be configured for a bit less but I was fantasizing a bit.

Jim

Johnny Bravo
01-11-2008, 08:41 AM
I configured a wish machine and it priced out at nearly $7000.00. I am sure one could be configured for a bit less but I was fantasizing a bit.

Jim

LOL, that apple website is a dangerous place, isn't it?

I run a home server network, so don't need to run raid on my machine I priced the new apple with a couple of 500's and 4G of ram (****, Apple sure does hate to part with RAM, don't they?) and it comes in right at 4k. Not bad.

Now, to figure out if I could network an Apple into my home server network. Somebody, please shoot me before I even start.

Jim Poor
01-12-2008, 08:38 PM
I priced my dream machine there for one of the "older" 8-core machines. It was over 10K. I then took a look at their refurbished machines and found what I wanted for a LOT cheaper. I added my own RAM and HDs though.

It might be a while before one of the new ones is in the "refurbished" section, but I'll wait.

Rocky Sharwell
01-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Lots of extras to think about The most significant is the raid card I have my quad set up with four 750 GIG internals

Those machines are highly recommended !!!!

Do you have to buy the raid card from Apple or are there other vendors selling something similar....?