PDA

View Full Version : View from Schwarzsee to Matterhorn

Steve Kaluski
01-05-2019, 04:02 AM
One from last September whilst hiking in Zermatt, this is one of the views from Schwarzsee walk back to Zermatt.

Steve

Subject: View from Schwarzsee
Camera: Canon 1DX MKII
Lens: 24-70f/2.8 with ND filter (I think?) HH
Exposure: 1/1600s at f/8 ISO2500 FF on the width
Processed via: LRCC Classic & PSCC2019

Krishna Prasad kotti
01-06-2019, 12:41 AM
Beautiful Shot. I like the colors and Clouds.

Can you let us know why you shot at such High ISO and Shutter Speed ?

TFS

Don Railton
01-07-2019, 01:27 AM
Hi Steve

Happy new year..!

What a wonderful image...! Full of all the elements that speak of 'mountaineering' to me.. Swirling cloud, rock, snow and a sense of height and grandeur.. all captured in wonderfully sharp detail and colour.. cracker..!

Don

Steve Kaluski
01-07-2019, 03:39 AM
Thank you Krishna.

Hi Don, and a happy New Year to you to, although I'm unclear on when one stops saying it :S3:.

Firstly, thanks for the kind words on the Wildlife posting, apologies in not responding.

I just tried to capture the moment as best I could, although the 1DX MK2 is not a 'landscape' camera and lacks the ability to pick up some of the finer detail, but now resolved with the addition of the 5D4 to work with the MK's :S3:. It's just nice to hike and occasionally stop to take a few snaps and the mountainous regions can often provide some opportunities here and there. No fancy gimmicks in PP, like Macphun or TK, just very simple adjustments.

Hope all is good with you.

Cheers
Steve :wave:

Andrew McLachlan
01-07-2019, 07:35 AM
Love all your mountain imagery Steve! This one is no exception...wonderfully captured and processed too!