View Full Version : Crested Tit

William Dickson
01-04-2019, 01:20 PM
Canon 5D4
f/4 500mm
f/6.3
1/500
ISO 3200

Maria and I went North to Cairngorm to bring in the New Year. We had a great time staying at the Cairngorm hotel for a couple of days. Before returning home on 2nd January I managed to get a few hours at Rothiemurchus Forest where I captured this little beauty. On arrival I met a few guys, three from England, one from Holland and one from the USA, all waiting for a look at this rare bird. There was a few feeders put on the nearby trees to entice it from the depth of the forest where they can be found. After a couple of hours the bird appeared for a few seconds and I managed a few shots, this being the best I could get. Not an easy bird to photograph and I was happy that his/her crest was raised. The light was poor, hence the high ISO and low SS. Thanks for looking.

Will

Steve Kaluski
01-04-2019, 04:48 PM
Gorgeous Will, the BKG is complementary to the subject with a lovely overall colour palette.

Think you were on the edge of the techs with this wee chappie, knowing how fast they move :S3:.

TFS
Steve

PS were you at Steve & Monique's?

John Mack
01-04-2019, 05:11 PM
Very nice. Such a neat looking little bird. Love that lichen covered perch and the killer background.

Isaac Grant
01-04-2019, 10:15 PM
Looks great William. Nice perch, great pose and background and very nice image quality considering the ISO.

Krishna Prasad kotti
01-04-2019, 11:26 PM
Pretty Frame with Diagonal Line. I like the composition and bird. Like the sharp eye. I wish for more sharpness in the crest, none the less beautiful Frame.

Dorian Anderson
01-05-2019, 12:31 AM
Really good result considering the conditions. The perch and BG are perfect. Only wish we had a bit more DOF to get the perch as sharp as the face, but that's life!

gail bisson
01-05-2019, 08:36 AM
Well done on getting this rare bird.
Nice perch, nice BG.

William Dickson
01-05-2019, 03:17 PM
Thanks for that guys, much appreciated.

Will

William Dickson
01-05-2019, 03:19 PM
Gorgeous Will, the BKG is complementary to the subject with a lovely overall colour palette.

Think you were on the edge of the techs with this wee chappie, knowing how fast they move :S3:.

TFS
Steve

PS were you at Steve & Monique's?

Hi Steve, never got the chance to visit the Rowan Tree, it was a last minute decision to head North for the New Year, so it was pretty hectic...

Will

Geoffrey Montagu
01-05-2019, 05:04 PM
Excellent capture under the conditions, William. Also like that you got the raised crest. Great perch.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu (http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu)