PDA

View Full Version : golden plover calling

annmpacheco
12-29-2018, 12:58 PM
Taken in Iceland, this golden plover was doing a fair amount of calling as a chick was exploring too far away from her... Very difficult to get a clear view of feet in their habitat and or a grass/twig that may intersect the body...

1Dx
840mm
ISO 500
1/2000

Dorian Anderson
12-29-2018, 01:24 PM
Lovely frame, I really like the habitat as is - very authentic and representative! Attentive calling pose is great, and the sharpness is money. I've always wanted to get this species in breeding plumage, so I'm very jealous of this fine frame!

arash_hazeghi
12-29-2018, 03:11 PM
I like the open beak and calling pose, wish for a hint of head turn. sharp with good details. BG bokeh is a bit nervous, some NR can help. The image shows a bit of magenta cast on my monitor

TFS

John Mack
12-29-2018, 06:56 PM
Nice frame. Like the setting and the calling pose. Sharp as a tack.

Krishna Prasad kotti
12-29-2018, 08:37 PM
Very Nice Image. This is a new species for me. I haven't seen them in wild.

I don't see any cast of my Mac Laptop.

TFS

Isaac Grant
12-29-2018, 10:55 PM
I still have never seen a Eurasian Golden Plover and am dying to do so. This is a very nice image of one in beautiful habitat. I like the calling pose but agree that I wish the head was turned a touch more towards us. If you have the canvas I would add a bit back to the bottom of the frame as it seems a little cramped. Colors also seem a touch thin to me and I would add some black in selective color or do a curves adjustment. Let me know if you need help with any of that.

Geoffrey Montagu
12-30-2018, 12:13 PM
Love the calling pose under the soft Icelandic light, Ann. Great detail and nice composition. I wasn't sure at first look, but I too see the slightest magenta cast.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu (http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu)

Alex Becker
12-30-2018, 01:04 PM
Nice details, pose, and setting. I also see a slight magenta cast and do wish for a bit more on the bottom. TFS

David Salem
12-31-2018, 11:46 AM
Beautiful look at this handsome bird Ann! Love the pose, and yes to a little better head angel, but still a beauty. Details and BG look great too. Well done and a Very Happy New Years to you

Jim Crosswell
01-01-2019, 06:45 PM
I like the calling pose, sharpness, setting and comp wise I would add some to the bottom if you have it. Excellent image Ann.

gail bisson
01-02-2019, 10:53 AM
I am very late to the party but agree with more room at the bottom and I too see a magenta cast (on both of my 'consumer" :Whoa!:monitors )
Love the calling pose and the grasses,
gail