PDA

View Full Version : Evening Grosbeak (Male)

Daniel Cadieux
12-28-2018, 08:34 PM
First the Pine Grosbeaks, now the Evening Grosbeaks. It's been a great start to the winter months. I normally have to drive three hours to photograph these guys...but lately...only 15 minutes away from home:S3:. This was near a feeder station, but not a setup for this particular image.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/800s., f/4, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, FF, darkened the pupil and cleaned up the reflection in the eye.

John Mack
12-28-2018, 08:48 PM
Top notch as always. Great composition and detail in this one. Love the colors on this guy.

Alex Becker
12-29-2018, 10:56 AM
Great pose, perch, details and BG here. We have some of these in my area, but I haven't seen any yet. I also really like the colors on this bird. TFS

Dorian Anderson
12-29-2018, 12:40 PM
Looks really good. I don't usually like the perch across the body, but I think it works fine here. Lovely detail and color. I've always wanted to photograph this species, so I'me quite envious of this frame!

annmpacheco
12-29-2018, 12:50 PM
Lovely Dan, nice feather detail and i like the clean BG, have fun while they are here!

arash_hazeghi
12-29-2018, 03:13 PM
pretty frame Daniel, love the BG and the perch that's just the right size and shape

TFS

Krishna Prasad kotti
12-29-2018, 08:42 PM
Pretty Frame. I love the colors...

The dark spots on the perch is distracting for me. You can try to brighten them a little.

TFS

Isaac Grant
12-29-2018, 11:15 PM
Hard to go wrong with a male Evening Grosbeak. I like the pose and the background as well. Details as always look good. I do not like the angling towards us perch as for me there is too much above and below the bird that are out of focus. It is so hard to get one of these in the winter on a great perch and not just a stick but I am determined to do it this year.