PDA

View Full Version : Perth City

Don Railton
12-26-2018, 10:57 PM
Hi All

Merry Christmas to you all..

I took this image yesterday on a whim. Something attracted to to take it and I wonder if it strikes a cord with anyone else...? Was walking to the coffee shop at the time and not really "in the zone" but tell me what you think.. and absolutely boring is a perfectly acceptable answer if that's how you feel..

1Dx & 24- 70 F2.8 at 24mm
1/400 at F22 and ISO 400
hand held at full frame.
processed in ACR (CS6) and Silver effects..
Don

Krishna Prasad kotti
01-03-2019, 12:21 PM
I like the image. Black and white looks good.

I do think shooting a bit higher would help to have mode separation between the Traveller and the Skyline.

I am tempted to remove the Bench which to me is a bit Distracting.

TFS

Don Railton
01-03-2019, 11:33 PM
Thanks again here for the comments Krishna.. Interesting to hear your views on the bench.. I thought its was integral to the story but I take your point about it being a distraction...

regards

Don

Andrew McLachlan
01-07-2019, 07:23 AM
Nicely done Don. I also agree on the bench and I would even clone out the stuff in the water, especially the two things that merge with the distant shoreline. B&W is a personal thing and for my tastes I would go for a much darker sky to give it more impact. Hope you had a great Christmas and Happy New Year!

Don Railton
01-07-2019, 11:40 PM
Nicely done Don. I also agree on the bench and I would even clone out the stuff in the water, especially the two things that merge with the distant shoreline. B&W is a personal thing and for my tastes I would go for a much darker sky to give it more impact. Hope you had a great Christmas and Happy New Year!

Thanks Andrew for the comments, but I assume the bench is also a distraction to you? The darker sky also works for me, not sure why it dident end up that way..