PDA

View Full Version : For Mom!!

Harold Davis
06-28-2008, 02:24 PM
taken at pinecrest gardens in miami this morning with the "miami-dade gang"!! this is a double exposure of a water lily in the front of the entrance. used a polarizar filter to cut the shiny spots (GOOD CALL GUS!!) and used some gaussian blur to cut the rest of them. slight crop for comp. and that's about it.

D300, 18-200VR at 200mm, f/10, 1/160s, -0.7EV, ISO 400, flash fill at 1/8th FP with the diffuser down.

comments and critiques are welcome and appreciated!!

now where's the rest of the gang!!!!!????? i had the furthest to travel!!!:p:p

Gus Cobos
06-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Well done Mr. Harold...I like the double exposure effect on the flower; it gives it a smooth glow. My personal taste, I would clone out the oof lilly pad on the upper right hand corner of the frame...make it black like the left side of the frame to balance it out...;) good job buddy...It is always a pleasure shooting with you and Jill...:D Lets do the Miami skyline at night and also South Beach...:cool:

Alfred Forns
06-28-2008, 02:50 PM
You guys are getting good !! I'm impressed !!!!!

This is personal taste and an observation but would like the base flower to be a larger part of the image? I like the way is cropped/composed would be looking for a different shape leaves. Excellent feel Big Congrats !!!

Harold Davis
06-28-2008, 02:56 PM
You guys are getting good !! I'm impressed !!!!!

This is personal taste and an observation but would like the base flower to be a larger part of the image? I like the way is cropped/composed would be looking for a different shape leaves. Excellent feel Big Congrats !!!

i was wondering about that!! didnt know how everyone would feel about the size and placement. guess i should have gotten the other lens out. might have gotten some better blurring in the bg with the 50-500. that or climbed in the pool!!! i'm just happy to have gotten a double exposure half way right!!!!

Fabs Forns
06-28-2008, 03:28 PM
Hey Son, here's my take at the crop. I love the soft glow that you got on the flower. It was great to see you both too :)

Nonda Surratt
06-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Love the flower! Really like Fabs crop

Julie Kenward
06-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Harold I guess when you have a photo this beautiful everybody wants to take a hand at it! I went for an even closer crop despite how much I loved those gorgeous green lily pads. I also did a boost on the colors of the flower to lift that yellow up just a bit.

*I know...I know...I'll go back to OOTB now..." :p

I think its really important that we all realize that there's more than one photo in an image - stopping at the first try never guarantees you got the one that makes you wanna slap yo' mama!

Harold Davis
06-28-2008, 04:03 PM
thanks julie!!!:D:D it was brutally hot this morning and this was the last photo i took!! i looked at it in camera and was just happy to have gotten the double exposure to look good and left!!!!

thanks everybody!!! for the comments and crops!! you guys rock!! except nonda:p just playing:D

Nonda Surratt
06-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Harold..Pfffftttttt

Lance Peters
06-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Harold well done - I like it - any of the crops work for me...well done.

:)

Oscar Zangroniz
06-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Great shot my friend. Excellent colors. All the repost are great.
You left without saying good bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See you soon

Richard Waas
06-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Nice thing about this shot, it works in so many different ways. It was so much fun shooting with all of you. Great group! And the wealth of knowledge is priceless....... Wish my Canon shot double exposures.

Richard Waas

Harold Davis
06-29-2008, 08:45 AM
thanks, richard! i had a great time too. cant wait til next time!

oscar, too hot, too humid!!!! found a nice lemonade stand down the street that has the world's best lemonade!!!! or maybe i was just thirsty!!

Katie Rupp
06-29-2008, 11:38 AM
This is a great thread for seeing different views and expressions of the same image. My favorite is Fabs version. IAC, beautiful flower, Harold.