Not perfect but I was checking out possibilities in a breeze::(

Canon 20D Canon 180mm macro Canon 550EZ Flash on High Speed sync, Servo AF
ISO 200
Av Mode 1/1000 @ f5 ~ Flash at -1

Thanks for looking, all comments welcome

Jon

Julie Kenward
06-28-2008, 01:01 PM
On the plus side, you've got good detail on the moth wings, a solid BG and a good overall composition. I had to look to see if you used flash and that is always a great sign - means you got that part REALLY right!

It does bother me a bit that I can't see more of the insect's face and front legs and those top little buds are out of your DOF. Not too bad for blowing in a breeze!

John Cooper
06-29-2008, 12:19 AM
A very attractive colour pattern on this butterfly Jon. Excellent detail, exposure and BG. While the perch is rather dominant I think its shape and texture adds to the composition. Nice one!!

Roman Kurywczak
06-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi Jonathan,
I'm with Julie on this one............ a more profile view would have made the moth more dominant compositionally.........but in a breeze not always the easiest! Lighting and BG are right on.

Ed Vatza
06-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Good looking moth, Jonathan. Not that I would ask it out or anything! :D The composition doesn't really do it for me probably for the reasons mentioned above. It seems to be lacking some vibrancy, some life. But as has been already said, the color and lighing look good as does the background.

Kaushik Balakumar
07-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Lovely details on the moth. Agree with comments by other above...