PDA

View Full Version : Clingman's Dome Blue Hour

John Mack
12-15-2018, 05:57 PM
This image was created in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park on 11/24/18 at 5:45PM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Camera on sticks triggered with remote.

Full frame.

Canon 5D MarkIV
Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro USM
ISO 100
f8.0
1/30sec

Krishna Prasad kotti
12-16-2018, 12:52 AM
I like the previous one than this one.. Cold feel looks good.

Don Railton
12-16-2018, 02:41 AM
Hi John

I have looked at all three of your images in this series and i think I like this one most. Not by much, but If I were to pick one it would be this.. For me the blue is a bit strong however and is not matching with the light blue in the upper sky. In Australia we have West of Sydney an area called the blue mountains, so named because of the faint blue haze which covers the area. The haze is from Eculypus trees that cover the area which emit an oil and causes the haze. I am wondering if the trees in your area do something similar..? Anyway, I would consider cropping off the light blue section top of image to avoid the contradiction..

Don

Colin Driscoll
12-16-2018, 05:42 AM
Looking at all three this would be my pick. I agree with Don on the layers and think a pano crop losing the blue sky and some of the darker bottom area would enhance the central subject of those lovely layered hills.

Andrew McLachlan
12-18-2018, 04:04 PM
The blue tone is much more effective with the layers of the mountains in this image. Nicely done!