PDA

View Full Version : Bosque take-off

annmpacheco
12-13-2018, 07:55 PM
This image was taken at the large crane pool in the morning. I thought i'd try something different and include the oof cranes in the BG. There are groupings of cranes and as they fly out in the morning, the group position constantly changes and thins out. Cranes will lean into the wind for many seconds and others may also join the leaning pose. On the left bottom there is a bit of that going on in the frame. and just as you have your sights on the bird with the most lean, another nearby crane may start the crouch and jump to fly and you fire away, often capturing something that wasn't your calculated intent at all... There are very few opportunities for a crane to be photographed without another crane or many cranes/geese competing for pixels... While at Bosque I started looking for groupings of cranes, oof cranes, and would try to shoot and take advantage of the habitat. Granted you can fill your card with a crane against a blue sky but thats a "snoozer" for me. I like the overall softness and also the side oof flying crane that is inching ahead. Tell me what you think about these oof cranes, well all but one.

1Dx
600mm
ISO 800
1/3200

arash_hazeghi
12-13-2018, 08:23 PM
The other one you posted was MUCH better. This one is a delete for me :)

Stu Bowie
12-14-2018, 02:45 AM
Hi Ann, excellent symmetry from both cranes, and I like the muddied legs of the near crane. I'm fine with the OOF Crane as its understandable its fallen out of the DOF. I know you have a belter lower down on the page which I will get to. :w3

Jonathan Ashton
12-14-2018, 04:14 AM
You certainly did a good job with the one in the foreground, I quite like the ones in the far background but the one behind the main subject - not too keen. At first glance I didn't mind it but then it began to draw my eyes from the principal subject.

Arthur Morris
12-14-2018, 06:33 AM
You did well but this is not my favorite-ever image ... Eliminating the o-o-f crane below the leg of the more distant bird would help a bit.

a

gail bisson
12-14-2018, 12:25 PM
Boy, we play to a tough crowd!!
I like the image and am OK with the OOF second crane because the neck and head positions are similar.
The distant OOF cranes are very pleasing and well situated and nicely spaced within the frame.
I am with Artie on getting rid of the OOF crane by the feet.
Gail

John Mack
12-14-2018, 04:15 PM
I like it. The two cranes compliment one another quite nicely. Sweet light and the birds in the background give some nice depth.