PDA

View Full Version : Barred-Cuckoo Dove

Kamal Hari Menon
12-13-2018, 10:53 AM
This is a very difficult to approach lowland forest bird from the north east part of India.

Last June I got this opportunity from a car window for a split second.

Shot with Nikon D500 + 500mm f/4 lens
ISO : 500
Aperture : F/4
Shutter : 1/250
Hand-held

Hope you like it..

Arthur Morris
12-13-2018, 11:03 AM
Hi Kamal, First off, welcome to BPN and thanks a stack for your membership support. It is great that you had a decent chance with a very difficult species to photograph. I am fairly sure that this is a new species for BPN :) The image is sharp and the EXP and HA are very good. The o-o-f leaves in front of the subject are distracting as is the light green BKGR bottom right; you got a bit unlucky there and not much that you could do about either. With the light a bit from our left part of the face is in shade; you might try opening that up just a bit.

a

Isaac Grant
12-13-2018, 07:03 PM
Nice and sharp. Beautiful bird. I really like the background although maybe you can tone down the bottom right a bit. Agree with Artie re the perch being a bit too cluttered. Really looking forward to more.

annmpacheco
12-13-2018, 07:31 PM
Welcome Kamal, I am a fan of doves and like this species very much. Incredibly beautiful colors and a matching iris! Sharp and wonderful head turn. I find the bird too cramped in the frame with such dominant leaves. Also, there is some artifacts or shading under the branch to the right... Welcome to BPN and I look forward to more of your work.

John Mack
12-14-2018, 04:18 PM
Very neat looking bird. I always enjoy the international birds posted on here. Really looking forward to more. Pose is nice i don't mind the perch. Background is excellent.

dankearl
12-14-2018, 06:00 PM
I would darken the leaves in front and the BG in general, the bird looks great...