PDA

View Full Version : Birds do it... Bees do it...

David Roach
12-05-2018, 11:35 AM
EOS R EF400DOI 1.4xtc f8 1/3200 ISO 2000
Watched a few just beginning nests from before dawn and no action. At the end of the good light, this guy started flying in on furthest nest away from boardwalks.

Arthur Morris
12-05-2018, 12:41 PM
Same textureless grays especially on the neck. No clue why from me. Love the lores on the female! Now if the male's wings had been fully raised...
a

David Roach
12-05-2018, 02:54 PM
Yes Artie, I'm not sure either. I can tell you it's not focus or exposure(ie not over exposed) or noise processing (none applied, not even in DPP - dragged sliders to 0 for luminance and chrominance). Don't think it's EOS R as the foot right below the neck is very detailed. At 1/3000 unlikely it's motion blur. I do know those neck feathers are very fine (with little definition unless fluffed) and to Arash's earlier point, this old glass doesn't resolve as well as the new. I'm open for all comments and suggestions.
ps
I do have the wing all the way up but her eye is covered. With the new CR3 format, only 5 fps, newer digic 8 and a very fast card it seemed like I could not fill buffer.

John Mack
12-05-2018, 06:28 PM
Looks like you are having some fun with these great blues. Nice behavioral frame here. The surrounding vegetation is nice.

Arthur Morris
12-05-2018, 06:53 PM
Yes Artie, I'm not sure either. I can tell you it's not focus or exposure(ie not over exposed) or noise processing (none applied, not even in DPP - dragged sliders to 0 for luminance and chrominance). Don't think it's EOS R as the foot right below the neck is very detailed. At 1/3000 unlikely it's motion blur. I do know those neck feathers are very fine (with little definition unless fluffed) and to Arash's earlier point, this old glass doesn't resolve as well as the new. I'm open for all comments and suggestions.
ps
I do have the wing all the way up but her eye is covered. With the new CR3 format, only 5 fps, newer digic 8 and a very fast card it seemed like I could not fill buffer.

As I have been saying, I have no clue :)

with love, artie