PDA

View Full Version : Grey ghost

arash_hazeghi
11-22-2018, 01:20 AM
Following on the harrier series, I got this frame of the male which is much more elusive (and also smaller) than the female earning him the name "grey ghost" hope you like this one and happy thanksgiving to those in the US

shot with D850 and 600 E FL ISO 400 f/4 at 1/3200sec hand held processed with Capture One Pro 11

Arthur Morris
11-22-2018, 09:15 AM
Beautiful but looks too dark overall. I will re-check when I get my new monitor and/or see what others think. Killer-good downstroke wing position and SH as expected.

with love, artie

Bill Dix
11-22-2018, 11:05 AM
Superb capture of this elusive raptor, with great flight position and a good look at the eye. I've critiqued several of your recent posts suggesting I might have preferred a bit more flying room. You gave him lots of room here, which I like, but it unfortunately opened up the dark triangle in the upper left which I find a little distracting. Nonetheless a frame I would die for; my only images of the Grey Ghost are very distant.

arash_hazeghi
11-22-2018, 01:11 PM
Thanks guys, Bill I could have filled in that part but left it as is because it gives a sense to depth to me

Arthur Morris
11-22-2018, 01:19 PM
I love the big dark triangle for two reasons: compositional balance and mood.

with love, a

William Dickson
11-22-2018, 04:38 PM
I also like the crop. The bird is finely detailed and don't need to be any bigger in the frame. the eye is immediately drawn to it. Very nice colours throughout and a lovely flight pose. Like Bill, my images of this bird are from afar. TFS

Will

Krishna Prasad kotti
11-22-2018, 06:30 PM
Beautiful Shot. I like the sharp eye which draws my eye.

I like the upper triangle which does not bother me.

Thanks for sharing.

John Mack
11-22-2018, 08:13 PM
Very nice. I saw one of these on the ground once. True story. The light looks nice and the composition is well balanced.

Bill Jobes
11-23-2018, 10:08 AM
Excellent capture of a favorite raptor. Noting the comments on the dark triangle, I'd consider pulling down the upper border to eliminate about half the dark section, making the image more pano in style. But that's an artistic choice, and I respect your presentation !

arash_hazeghi
11-23-2018, 02:08 PM
thanks guys

Dorian Anderson
11-25-2018, 01:34 AM
This looks great, particularly the yellow eye. Minimization of shadows is great as well. Did you do any work on the head/face? The reason I ask is that there seems to be the tiniest dark shadow exactly where the beak meets the forehead. It's as though you might have turned down the exposure on the face a touch and got a bit of the BG with it. It's so minor, but I figured I'd mention it since it caught my eye. Could as easily be a slight irregularity in the
BG.....

arash_hazeghi
11-25-2018, 01:09 PM
Hi Dorain, that's not an artifact it's the nasal feathers of the harrier

best