PDA

View Full Version : Just shake it off...

David Roach
11-16-2018, 12:10 PM
EOS R EF400DO I 1.4xtcII 2.0xtcII f14 1/200 ISO 6400 (large crop)
I walked around a bend and this juvenile had just completed a round of preening and was giving me a look like "Now, what do I do with this stuff on my nose". I was still fairly far away but at 1120mm I raised the glass. AF was right on the cheek (behind eye). I did get a couple more that filled the frame better, but none with a look(and HA) as good as this.

Krishna Prasad kotti
11-16-2018, 12:13 PM
Can you let me know how you added 1.4 TC and 2x TC together ?

arash_hazeghi
11-16-2018, 12:15 PM
Love the light, the BG and the feather! perfect HA. I see a slight red cast but it is natural. The image is held back by its IQ IMO, it lacks contrast and the details aren't crisp, too much sharpening has readily brought out noise on the bill and the wing feathers... tough conditions to come up with a keeper, high ISO and stacked TC's....

TFS

David Roach
11-16-2018, 12:22 PM
Sure, Krishna, remember both are version 2 teleconverters. The 1.4 has to be first to the camera body, then the 2.0, then the lens. They will not connect the other way around. The camera body only sees the tc closest to the lens, in this case the 2.0. I did read you can also attach version 3 together with aid of a 12mm extension tube between them. If you google canon TC stacked, you should find a very good article on most variations of TC stacking. I didn't bookmark it, but if you have problems finding it let me know and I will try to find the link. I only have experience with this combo and can assure you this works as I describe with the canon version 2 TCs.

David Roach
11-16-2018, 12:47 PM
HI Arash, sharpness 2 in DPP and unsharp mask 110,.3,0 right before conversion to jpg is not over sharpened. The image is at ISO 6400 and a round of NI was only run on the BG. Part of that challenge I was talking about. Thanks as always for comments and suggestions.

John Mack
11-16-2018, 08:28 PM
This is your best one yet with that rig. The pose is great and the background as well. Nice and sharp.

Tobie Schalkwyk
11-17-2018, 12:14 AM
I love it David! Interesting rig combo! I'm susprised at the remaining quality. Just wondering about the blue cast all along the bird's front?

David Roach
11-17-2018, 02:17 AM
Hi Tobie, Yeah me too. It is almost like a rim light as I also see it along the back curve of the head and neck. Thought it was something I did in processing(it usually is), but it is there in the raw file.

Arthur Morris
11-17-2018, 07:16 PM
Colors a bit warm/funky for me. The BLUE in the front is because the sun is from the right and that part of the breast is in shadow.

with love, artie