PDA

View Full Version : Ruddy shelduck

Debapratim Saha
11-16-2018, 11:20 AM
Thanks for looking,shot with Canon 7DII and 700mm,f5.6,1/1600s HH from the manually driven boat,I liked that I was below her at first light.

David Roach
11-16-2018, 11:43 AM
Gorgeous light falling on a gorgeous subject and you gathered it all beautifully. I like light, SH, DOF, BG, low angle and composition. TFS

annmpacheco
11-16-2018, 03:36 PM
What a duck!!! I like your image and the duck is a show stopper. My suggestion would be to selectively blend in the oof grasses and also I'd be tempted to remove the bit of vegetation at the foot, also lose the black spot on the sand... Not sure if the blacks are blocked... Neck feathers look a wee bit over sharpened and has created a bit of noise. Wonderful complimentary BG color w a touch of rust! POV is super, well done.

John Mack
11-16-2018, 08:26 PM
Nice and sharp shooting from a boat can be very hard sometimes. The light is sweet and i like the low angle. Neat looking duck as well.

Paul Burdett
11-17-2018, 07:31 AM
I really like this one Debapratim. Beautiful colours, background, feather detail and head angle. I do find the vertical green strip on the right a little distracting, and I agree with Ann's suggestions. TFS

Arthur Morris
11-17-2018, 07:18 PM
Love the low perspective and the warm light (though I'd be temped to tone that down just a bit). This might need a bit of CCW rotation. And AMP is right; the crud by the feet needs to go, especially but not limited to the thick stem right behind the toe.

with love, artie