PDA

View Full Version : Roughing it in a tent, Masai Mara Kenya

George DeCamp
06-27-2008, 08:44 PM
http://decamp.net/bpn/masai0014.jpg

Sarova Mara Camp, Masai Mara Kenya

Life can be tough in Kenya when out on the trail. We had to rough it many nights at places like this. Note the slightly frayed carpet on the floor...sheesh!

My wife Louise had to sit outside to read because there were no lounge chairs or couches in the room (see image);

http://decamp.net/bpn/masai0025.jpg

Well, what can you say this is Africa and you just have to put up with some inconveniences. I will show you the bathroom in this tent in a couple days.....no jacuzzi! Imagine? :cool:

Alfred Forns
06-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Sensory overload time !!!! Hope you did not have any strange local visitors !!!!

Michael P. Centanni
06-28-2008, 07:42 AM
I can not believe you would let your wife stay in such conditions!
Its definitely a step up from the tent I slept in the Amazon! And you should see that bathroom!!!!

david cramer
06-28-2008, 10:06 AM
I don't know how you and she put up with it George. Is the food just as bad as the accomodations?:D

Julie Kenward
06-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Really...how did you manage? I had no idea camping could be so primitive!

Dave Hutchinson
06-29-2008, 08:19 AM
It's a great life isn't it. Lynn and I have done two safaris (Botswana, Zimbabwe, Kenya, S. Africa). The biggest problem is that you can't get home from one before you are planning the next one! It is almost a spiritual experience.

Sharna Lee
06-29-2008, 08:31 AM
How Aweful!!!! I can't see how you dealt with such conditions. Next time I think you should take friends.

Sharna

PS wanna be friends? hahaahha

Judd Patterson
06-29-2008, 11:04 AM
Man, what a mansion!! I've grown used to my backpacking tent and think I'd probably find that much space in a tent to be frightening. :D Looks like a fun place to stay for sure...glad you shared this one.

Roman Kurywczak
06-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Hey George.......mine weren't quite as luxurious but they weren't backpacking tents like Judd was talking about. I had cot's. I showed my wife this picture, now she want's to go on my next trip!
thanks.........i'll send you the bill!

Robert Amoruso
06-30-2008, 07:22 AM
Yeah, life can be tough!!!

Gus Cobos
06-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Hey; what kind of place is this George? No room service, no maids...no vine rack or frig full of beer...:eek: