PDA

View Full Version : Theme Battle of the Ghosts

Morkel Erasmus
11-15-2018, 04:31 PM
...not really a battle, more of a bit of argy-bargy.
But it was great seeing these old boys engage in a bit of banter, with their bodies covered in the white Etosha mud and dust.

Techs:
Nikon D3s
Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8 VR-II @ 116mm
f8.0 | 1/2000 SS | ISO-900

John Mack
11-15-2018, 08:04 PM
Nice encounter. I like the elephants covered in the mud. The foreground gives the image some depth. Composition looks good.

Dumay de Boulle
11-16-2018, 04:45 AM
Hey bud. Love these white Elephants. Nice interaction captured and the colts look a little like Kalahari colours.
Personal taste for me is I don't really like the busy foreground with the Acacias. But that's personal.

Basil Dardagan
11-16-2018, 06:25 AM
Stunning Morkel - these white boys are so iconically Etosha - I just love them ! Lovely interaction and the thorn shrub certainly gives the image something differant (almost looks a little like a boxing ring)

haseeb badar
11-16-2018, 06:38 AM
Hi Morkel -- I really like the colours and settings from this part of the world, the elephants are huge and the white colour makes them a viewers delight. I wish they were more in the open settings without those shrubs in the FG. The elephant on the left appears a bit crunchy , its face especially . Has it something to do with the mud ?

nice one.

TFS !

Mike Poole
11-16-2018, 10:19 AM
Lovely bit of 'banter' here Morkel - I'd love to get the opportunity to witness scenes like this one day. Only thing I'd comment on would be to maybe burn the left else's ear in a little due to the sun angle.
Also, as an afterthought, I might consider losing the empty space below the grasses. I tried scrolling the frame down in the browser and it gives quite a different perspective

Mike

Gabriela Plesea
11-16-2018, 12:44 PM
Hello Morkel,

Those Etosha elephants are really gorgeous. And I quite like the vegetation in the FG, I feel it adds depth. Nice techs, image well processed with good colours and detail on the subjects. Lovely textures. The interaction makes this image for me.

I see you still enjoy your D3S - whenever you mention it in your exif I get a nostalgic yearn for the good old days, I so loved that camera :tinysmile_shy_t:

Hope you have a lovely week-end,

Steve Kaluski
11-17-2018, 09:23 AM
Hi Morkel, like the colour & interaction, just wished you posted bigger ie 1600. If you have used LCE on this then I would back off, looks a bit crunchy.

I so loved that camera

One of the greats Gabriela.

TFS
Steve

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-18-2018, 01:58 AM
Hi Mork, sorry am late on this one. A lovely shot with cool interaction! Good composition and the techs are solid!

Morkel Erasmus
03-16-2019, 05:51 AM
Thanks a lot, folks