PDA

View Full Version : Franklin's Gull

Krishna Prasad kotti
11-15-2018, 10:51 AM
I made this image at Antelope island State Park last Summer.

Nikon D500, 500 f/4 +1.4x TCIII
ISO 1600, f/5.6, 1/160 sec
Matrix Metering, Manual Mode

Post Processing:- C1P, Affinity Photo

Cloned distracting elements in the background (Flies) and one Dark object near reflection.

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Krishna

Daniel Cadieux
11-15-2018, 12:10 PM
Good a head angle for the pose, but I do wish the body was not angled away. Exposure and sharpness look fine. The reflection is not strong, and for that reason, situation permitting, I would have gotten down real low for an eye-level perspective of this individual.

Krishna Prasad kotti
11-15-2018, 12:13 PM
I also considered going at eye level but the subject is in salt lake and I decided not to go to eye level due to water.

I should have tried though :-)

Isaac Grant
11-15-2018, 01:30 PM
I like the pose here and do not mind the body angled away because the head angle is nice. This kind of pose I actually prefer on gulls as the back side is more interesting than the dull white of the front. Agree re the lower shooting angle. Also the bird does not look sharp to me. Maybe heat haze? It has that kind of look to it. Also I find the colors a touch thin and would add some blacks to the neutrals in selective color.

annmpacheco
11-15-2018, 04:04 PM
Hi Krishna, nice to see this smaller gull you captured, I agree with a lower POV, and a need for more SHness... Also, I would at least clean up the darker prominent spots in the water.

John Mack
11-15-2018, 06:37 PM
Nice look back pose and i like the reflection. I could see this cropped tighter.

Arthur Morris
11-16-2018, 09:29 AM
Great bird for us easterners with a good look-back head angle. But could use more contrast as it lacks pop. And some BKGR clean-up. Not your best :(

wth love, artie

Krishna Prasad kotti
11-16-2018, 09:42 AM
Thank you all for the comments.

I agree with all comments.