PDA

View Full Version : Bull Elk

John Mack
11-12-2018, 08:22 PM
This image was created in Benezette, Pennsylvania on 9/27/18 at 5:13PM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Canon 5D MarkIV
Sigma 150-600 Contemporary
200mm
ISO 4000
f8.0
1/200sec

Jay Shah
11-13-2018, 10:28 AM
Hi John, I like the color palette. I also find BG of this image more interesting compared to the one you had posted before. It seems to me that eyes are a bit soft - may be due to slow SS? In the hindsight, of course you could have traded DoF for SS and still keep the ISO at cureent value.

Gabriela Plesea
11-13-2018, 11:57 AM
Hello John,

This looks very good for ISO 4000. Framing is great and the environment provides such a lovely background. Colours look good as well. Elk a tad dark in places (tummy) but maybe I am nitpicking too much now:w3 I do think Jay has a point, you could sharpen the face a tad more.
Lovely scene and a very attractive image overall, I also like the pose from the Elk - well done:cheers:

Kind regards,

Dumay de Boulle
11-13-2018, 01:01 PM
Nice pose and I like the way the animal is walking into the frame and also the slight gradient. Thanks for sharing.

Jonathan Ashton
11-14-2018, 07:07 AM
I like the image John, the colours look good yet I get the impression the image as a whole is a little on the cold side (you indicate taken in afternoon). It looks pretty sharp but I do agree it would almost certainly have looked better has the shutter speed been faster. I suspect you felt you were between a rock and a hard place at ISO 4000 and wanting to get the antlers and head in focus.

Steve Kaluski
11-16-2018, 12:02 PM
Hi John, this has a lot more going for it than the previous postings. A bit more space at the foot would be good, but being on an incline is nice. Colour also looks good and the Elk has a great rack.

TFS
Steve