PDA

View Full Version : Lapland Longspur

Daniel Cadieux
10-31-2018, 04:46 PM
Although I see this species almost every year during the fall/winter time, it had been a long 8 years since I last had a "proper" opportunity to photograph one. This fella had been in a certain area for the past week, so on a rainy day I took a chance to go look for it, and after a few minutes I found it foraging among the dry grasses. I actually accidentally came to within a couple of feet of it before I spotted it, and it flew to this rock, the prettiest one of the bunch there. Lucky me!

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/500s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, usual eye work, minor rock clean up.and a couple of rain drops removed (there were not enough of them for my taste to keep in).

John Mack
10-31-2018, 05:27 PM
Nice view of this longspur. Great pose with a nice head angle. The rock perch is nice like the lichen on it.

Alex Becker
11-01-2018, 08:17 AM
This is really nice. I love the rock and the pose. Details and the eye look good. BG is sweet. On my screen it looks like there is a slight halo around the back of the bird, but that might just be the lighting (or me needing more coffee). TFS

annmpacheco
11-01-2018, 12:47 PM
Lucky landing here Daniel, how sweet, perfect HA and details throughout. Well done

Dorian Anderson
11-01-2018, 11:26 PM
This is really nice Daniel! Reddish-brown bird really pops against all the gray tones. Feather structure looks good and the details on the feet are outstanding.
Love the composition and lichen on rock as well.

Isaac Grant
11-02-2018, 08:10 AM
Great looking frame Daniel!!! I love the color palette and the head turn. When we get these guys in our area they are always just walking around in dry grass and are partially obscured. So I still do not have any proper images of them. I would love a shot like this for my files.

Arthur Morris
11-02-2018, 04:04 PM
Yes, you are very lucky. Lucky that you are so skilled and lucky that you work so hard. This is one spectacular image.

with love, artie

Geoffrey Montagu
11-03-2018, 03:49 PM
This is a gem, Daniel. What a great head turn, and a beautiful display of feather detail.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu (http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu)

arash_hazeghi
11-05-2018, 03:41 AM
love the design, what nice colors, excellent details plus the moss covered perch well done Daniel