PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Keyboard Shortcuts

Lance Warley
06-27-2008, 12:16 PM
I define keyboard shortcuts in CS3 and then, the next time I open CS3, they're gone. I've tried creating my own set, but this still happens.

Some of them, ones I created quite a while ago, don't disappear. I recently reinstalled CS3. I have no idea if this has anything to do with the problem, but the ones that disappear are ones I've created after I did the reinstall.

Help, please.

Thanks...Lance

Robert O'Toole
06-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Hi Lance, this is a bug in all Photoshop versions it is called preference corruption. You have to save your workspace with menu and shortcuts boxes checked then back up the file outside of the photoshop directory.

I covered this in my last newsletter. Every Photoshop user should back up preferences.

Robert

Robert O'Toole
06-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Tell we what OS you are using and I will tell you were you can find the folder. It will be called Photoshop CS3 preferences. I will have to give you the info later as I am on my way out of the door.

Robert

Lance Warley
06-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks, Robert. I'm using XP.

Lance Warley
06-28-2008, 09:25 AM
I think I found it, but as a file, not a folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Adobe Photoshop CS3 Settings\Adobe Potoshop CS3 Prefs.psp

I'm not sure if this is right, since you said folder, and I sure don't know what to do with it next.

Thanks in advance, Robert.

Robert O'Toole
06-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Its much easier to copy this entire folder: (one up from your path).

Documents and Settings/ [Username]/ Application Data/ Adobe/ Adobe Photoshop CS3/ Adobe Photoshop CS3 Settings

Corruption is quite common unfortunately.

Robert

Lance Warley
06-28-2008, 03:21 PM
OK. I copied the folder.

How do I point CS3 to the copied folder?

Thanks again, Robert.

Robert O'Toole
06-29-2008, 03:25 PM
OK. I copied the folder.

How do I point CS3 to the copied folder?

Thanks again, Robert.

Oh no just make a backup and if you have any problems just replace with the saved copy.

Every once in a while you may have to load the saved file due to a corruption.

Robert

Lance Warley
06-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Got it, and again, Thanks!