PDA

View Full Version : Orange-chinned parakeet/periquito

Jake Levin
10-28-2018, 10:32 AM
I got this cute fella on a perch set-up in Costa Rica. You can just barely see the orange feathers under the beak that give the species its English name. In post-processing, I restored the detail in the beak, ceres, and feet; ran noise reduction; and cropped to about 80% of the original.

5D mkIV, 500mm f/4 IS, 1.4x TC III, tripod mounted
1/640 @ f/5.6, ISO 2000
DPP/Photoshop

Thanks for your C&Cs,
Jake

David Roach
10-28-2018, 01:00 PM
Love the view of the back/wings and the perfect head turn. Nice complimentary BG and the catch light (looks like light through canopy). Wish for less OOF perch. TFS

Dorian Anderson
10-29-2018, 11:33 PM
This is really great, Jake! Pose and head angle are perfect. Love that we can see the namesake orange as well. Woulda been nice to have a bit more DOF, but you were up against it with both ISO and aperture. Such is always the case in the tropics.....

Alex Becker
11-01-2018, 08:13 AM
Love the pose and detail on the bird. A bit more DOF and not having the cut (could maybe clone that out) on the branch would help. Would love to do some bird photography in costa rica. TFS

Arthur Morris
11-03-2018, 09:34 AM
HA and pose perfect. Did you hacksaw the perch in the center??? A small crop from the left to eliminate the bump on the top of the perch near the left frame-edge would improve it. To my eyes, the bird looks over-sharpened ...

with love, artie