PDA

View Full Version : Bored cheetah

Jay Shah
10-25-2018, 11:20 PM
Thanks to the comments received on the previous B&W images and some self study, I think I have found a sweet spot of selection of the right image for B&W and PP. Eager to know how it appears and appeals to your more experienced and better trained eyes.

Nikon D850 600 mm, 1/2000s, f5.6, ISO 800

Marc Mol
10-26-2018, 08:40 AM
Nothing boring about this submission Jay, and it's a major improvement over your recent cheetah mound image,

good tonality range here in your mono conversion, and like the outstretched and ready to up & move pose.

TFS

Basil Dardagan
10-26-2018, 09:06 AM
Beautifully sharp image that suites B+W really well imo ! I would be keen to see one with the Cheetah looking at you if you have it?

Andreas Liedmann
10-26-2018, 11:12 AM
Hi Jay this a step in the right direction from the processing POV .
Maybe a bit less strong blacks and whites in parts ....The head does look a bit heavy in sharpening ...? Splitting the sharpening in a light and dark half helps , then you can lower the sharpening in each half .
Comp works well and the Cheetah is setting off nicely from the BG .
Nice one ...
TFS Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
10-26-2018, 11:40 AM
Jay this is much much better - I really like it. Super composition and I love the background I get the impression the sharpening is a bit OTT, I have just read Andres's comment - I must remember that one!

Steve Kaluski
10-26-2018, 12:16 PM
The conversion is far better than the previous posting Jay, with a lovely tonal range, although I might ease on the feet and tail, look it's sharp too, well done. :cheers:

I think you need to reduce the © Jay, it's a little dominant.

TFS
Steve

Gabriela Plesea
10-26-2018, 01:25 PM
Hello Jay,

Nothing boring about this cheetah:w3 love the yawn and those outstretched limbs!

Good techs, image well composed and processed. As mentioned above, blacks appear a tad heavy in places. Sharpness is there and nice detail where it matters. Background is superb.

Lovely work, Jay - thank you for sharing!

Kind regards,

John Mack
10-26-2018, 05:07 PM
The crop works well. Like the tongue of the cheetah and the overall composition here.

greg cowle
10-26-2018, 07:04 PM
Nice composition and conversion. Looks satisfied more than bored to me.

Jay Shah
10-27-2018, 12:08 PM
Thank you all for your comments and encouraging words. Thanks to the theme of the month, I got to learn a lot about what works and what does not for B&W images.

Morkel Erasmus
10-27-2018, 04:34 PM
Yeah this is nice, and the pose lends itself nicely to the conversion with the distinct shapes and curves.
I echo that the blacks look a bit choked up in places (feet and tail as mentioned).

Rachel Hollander
10-28-2018, 09:31 AM
Hi Jay- This works so much better than your previous theme submissions and the conversion is more controlled (except for the choked blacks). Keep refining the techniques and studying other b&w to see what you like and why they work.

TFS,
Rachel

Giovanni Frescura
11-09-2018, 03:51 PM
I like the etil and composition and the backgrund (as flou)..but for me it no have space expecially on the right side