PDA

View Full Version : Black skimmer

arash_hazeghi
10-19-2018, 06:23 PM
Another shot from Redwood Shores CA, skimmer skimming at sunset

Nikon D850, Nikon AF-S 500 PF f/8 1/3200sec ISO 1000 hand held processed with C1P hope you like it

David Roach
10-19-2018, 09:44 PM
Perfect angle, both under and over wing view, HA, SH, Exposure for blacks and whites and you got that dark eye to pop. Not to mention the wake from the skimming. Is that beach sand on the wing? Sorry, no nits from me. OH, your guides have been very helpful for me after being out of the game for 10 years. TFS

Dorian Anderson
10-19-2018, 10:12 PM
Yeah, this looks really good, especially the exposure. This very end of day light is the best for these high contrast subjects. I've still not got a shot of a skimmer I like, but I'll be down there a lot in the next two weeks!

Joseph Przybyla
10-20-2018, 06:28 AM
Great capture, timing could not be better. All the techs spot on, as always with your images. Smoother water would have taken this over the top, but not in our control. Thank you for sharing, Arash.

John Mack
10-20-2018, 06:57 AM
Very nice. Skimmer skimming. Light looks quite nice. Details are good maybe a little tight at top. Is this full frame or cropped?

William Dickson
10-20-2018, 12:21 PM
Love this one...What a pose, no nits here. Fab frame.

Will

arash_hazeghi
10-20-2018, 01:49 PM
Thank you all, Joe I also wish the water was smooth like glass, unfortunately this is an evening shoot location so the water is always choppy from the winds, places where you can shoot in AM like Bolsa Chica may have that calm glass-like water but it takes a lot of luck to hit it at the right time

Bill Dix
10-20-2018, 03:11 PM
Beautiful light and perfect skimmer flight angle and wing position. I would have preferred just a little more room all around; personal taste. IQ looks great to me. Now that you have had the 500 PF in your hands for a bit, do you have any further observations as to IQ and AF? How does it feel to track a BIF with such a light lens compared to what you have been used to -- easier, or more difficult?

arash_hazeghi
10-22-2018, 11:47 AM
Thanks all, Bill the IQ is great as expected and the AF is pretty good too, especially with my D5, and of course it is easier to hand hold than the larger heavier lens.

best

Arthur Morris
11-13-2018, 06:42 AM
Super, super sharp with nice light. Curious: where was the AF point? Related question: how large a crop?

with love, artie