PDA

View Full Version : midnight wolverine

greg cowle
10-19-2018, 05:55 AM
I had just pulled my lens into the hide for the night, hours past sundown, when this wolverine passed by, so out came the camera again. From a solo hide on a frozen bog in Finland.
The techs are extreme, but the image is evocative to me, particularly the curve of the paw under the chin. I couldn't do this as a color image.
400mm, 1/160, f2.8, ISO51200
Greg

Marc Mol
10-19-2018, 01:48 PM
This might be the first Wolverine posted here on BPN, so well done indeed Greg. :cheers:

This is not about critique but more about sharing such a wonderful sighting with this elusive creature, agree the curled paw says a lot here.:w3 Extreme techs for sure and B&W was the way to go here.

TFS

Rachel Hollander
10-19-2018, 04:55 PM
Hi Greg - I agree with Marc, this is much more about the sighting than the image. Getting any image of a wolverine is exciting. Also agree about the curve of the paw. Congrats on the sighting.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
10-20-2018, 03:47 AM
Hi Greg -- I too am in agreement with the above, congrats on the sighting and thanks for sharing with us .

John Mack
10-20-2018, 07:27 AM
Very cool you got to see a wolverine in person. Looks pretty good for that high ISO.

Andreas Liedmann
10-20-2018, 11:01 AM
Hi Greg well a difficult one ... i do like the concept though , just think the BG is too dominant .
And you might have used a slower shutter speed for the moving subject ....easy to say with hindsight .
But is nice to get a wolverine shot , where have you been ? At Lassi´s place ?

TFS Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
10-20-2018, 05:09 PM
Great sighting and moment indeed.
But I do like the image! Very minimalistic, which is something I enjoy in monochrome work.

greg cowle
10-21-2018, 04:36 AM
Thanks all for the comments. I think Morkel got what I like in this, it's not always about detail. Andreas, this was in the Martinselkonen area, don't have the name of the place at hand.