PDA

View Full Version : Adirondacks Fall Color

Rachel Hollander
10-15-2018, 06:18 PM
It has been a long time since I posted an image in the landscape forum but I had my annual girls' trip last weekend and we went up to Lake Placid in the Adirondacks this year. For those around the globe, Lake Placid was the site of the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics and is about 5 hours drive north of NYC. We timed our trip well because it was peak or near peak for the fall foliage. The weather didn't cooperate as much with little sunshine except on Saturday morning. I took this one early Saturday at Heart Lake before the wind started to blow. Once the wind started to mess with the reflections I played with some blurs. I'll post one of those in OOTB.

Canon 5D3
70-200 II @ 170mm
1/180
f8
ISO 1600
HH, slight crop for comp, curves, sharpened in PSCC.

C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks,

Rachel

John Mack
10-16-2018, 06:04 PM
Lovely fall colors. The image is well balanced like the soft reflections in the water. I was there the last week of September and the color was no where near this good.

Andrew McLachlan
10-16-2018, 07:10 PM
Such a beautiful scene Rachel and well worth the wait for you to post here again! My only suggestion would be to darken the reflections in the lake so that they are of an equal or slightly darker tone than the surrounding forest.

Rachel Hollander
10-17-2018, 08:16 PM
Thanks John and Andrew, much appreciated :wave: