PDA

View Full Version : White-throated sparrow

gail bisson
10-10-2018, 01:50 PM
While tracking a bull and cow moose I saw several of these sparrows flitting around the field.
I like the fall colors and the slightly messy environment. Just wish the little leaf in front of breast was not there.
I considered cloning the OOF leaf coming out of the back but decided not to.
Canon 1DX 100-400mm
SS 1/80 F7.1 ISO 1000
Crop to ~70%FF. processed in LR CC- had to increase exposure and change color balance.
Cloned out a small leaf on RHS of frame. levels, DE/TC to sparrow at 5%, no sharpening to JPEG because it made the feathers too crunchy.
Comments and critiques always appreciated and learned from with thanks,
Gail

Isaac Grant
10-10-2018, 02:28 PM
Classic White-throated Sparrow shot and environment. Very nice head turn as well. I agree the leaf in front of the bird is unfortunate. Actually the one just below the throat bothers me as well. It is not easy getting these guys clear of all vegetation as they like to be low and in cover.

Mitch Carucci
10-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Lovely Autumn scene, and a charming little sparrow. I hadn't noticed the leaf coming out of the back, but once I saw you mention it, I can't stop seeing it. Funny how that is!:S3:
The leaf in front doesn't bother me as it sets the sparrow on a plane and gives depth to the photo.

Paul Burdett
10-10-2018, 05:13 PM
Hi Gail,
Nothing to dislike here, although the leaf in front of the breast is, as you say, unfortunate...Really like the colours, composition and clarity. Cheers.

Daniel Cadieux
10-10-2018, 06:21 PM
I agree about the leaf in front, but all else looks excellent to me. I love the setting, colours, pose.

John Mack
10-10-2018, 07:04 PM
The sparrow gave you a nice pose. The fall color is nice as well. The composition works for me.

Arthur Morris
10-11-2018, 07:58 AM
It is unusual for me seeing this bird surrounded by pretty leaves; when I saw them in NY it was usually in winter ... There are just a few too many leaves in bad places.

with love, a

annmpacheco
10-11-2018, 11:12 AM
Hi Gail, lovely colors but those leaves and branches just didn't cooperate and photo bombed here! The sparrow's IQ looks terrific with plenty of detail and nice that all was in focus.

Stu Bowie
10-11-2018, 11:36 AM
Hi Gail, lovely, lovely setting with the Autumn colors throughout. I like the casual leaning pose of the Sparrow, sharp, and the feather detail is tops. I'm sure he wasn't around for a while as these little guys are busy characters.

Bill Dix
10-14-2018, 08:48 AM
Nice pose from this little guy. I like the surrounding leaves, except for the one unfortunate one. IQ on the bird looks great. We just had our FOY White-throats at our feeders yesterday. They seem a little late.