PDA

View Full Version : Flamingo

John Hawkins
06-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Taken a couple years ago at Busch Gardens with my Sony Mavica 95. Sorry but don't have the settings, but I'm sure I just used the auto settings at that time. Thanks,John

carole wiley
06-27-2008, 01:19 PM
This is sharpe and a nice enough pose but the whole thing is just a little too orange for me.

Grady Weed
06-27-2008, 06:15 PM
John, It is nice to see someone making efforts in producing a image to post. As mentioned above, it is way too orange, and using auto is not the way to go. May I suggest a IPT from either one of the publishers of this site. An IPT is a half day workshop design to help beginners, intermediate and pros challenge themselves to become better photographers.

James shadle, Art Morris or Alfred and Fabs Forns are good choices to teach you some basics of light, exposure and camera holding techniques. Look in the forum section for workshops. You can also e-mail or PM each publisher for more information about what each one offers in a workshop. It is money well spent. You have the drive and courage to take images and post them. Now help yourself to become better. Please let this forum and its participants encourage you. Take each comment for what its worth. An attempt to help you grow.

Maxis Gamez
06-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Hi John,

Harsh light but a nice composition. Fill light would of helped some of the shadows.

Lana Hays
07-01-2008, 06:21 PM
John
The harsh light definitely was a problem here. I don't know how you processed it but I think that your manipulations may have added to the "orange" cast. The pose is interesting and it does appear sharp.