PDA

View Full Version : Theme Amid the Chaos

Morkel Erasmus
10-07-2018, 03:08 PM
Thought I need to at least also contribute to this month's theme!
Recently processed this from my 2016 archives, from migration season in the Mara Triangle.

Went for an old-school, grainy look.

Techs:
Nikon D3s
Nikkor 400mm f2.8G VR
f11 | 1/1000 SS | ISO-2800

Basil Dardagan
10-08-2018, 08:44 AM
Morkel you already know you are an abolute 'master of monochrome'. I have never attended one of your monchrome workshops and would still love to do so. This image is simply magical imho. I have sat trying to find something to crit however I am stumped. The line of Zebra , the chaos and dust of the Wildebeest, the mood of the image etc etc it is all sublime in my opinion. Next time perhaps try to include a lion/leopard/cheetah hunt on the far bank as that is something that would improve the image :bg3:

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-08-2018, 01:47 PM
Hi Mork! Superb image with lots to like and the tones are wonderful. I like the peeping Zebra on the RHS. The dust and chaos is nicely portrayed! TFS.

John Mack
10-08-2018, 05:53 PM
Like how everything flows from the right to the left here. The black and white treatment works quite well. Nice one.

Rachel Hollander
10-08-2018, 08:31 PM
Hi Morkel - That's quite a cloud of dust. The conversion works very well as does the slight toning. While the half of a zebra at the left edge of the frame may not be ideal, I don't see another way to crop to avoid part of an animal at that edge. Overall, this is a well designed and processed image that anyone would be extremely happy to have captured.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
10-10-2018, 06:59 AM
Hi Morkel -- This is wonderfully done. Liked the framing and the old school stuff with grains is immensely adding to the whole scene. This image perfectly reflects the chaos .

Very nicely done.

TFS !

Giovanni Frescura
10-12-2018, 05:11 PM
I like a lot.
b/n is perfect and backgroud very interesting with zebras in first position of the composition

Morkel Erasmus
10-16-2018, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the kind feedback, folks...