PDA

View Full Version : Guide Falls, Burnie, Tasmania

Paul Burdett
10-06-2018, 08:00 PM
Hi all,
I normally post to the avian forum, but thought I'd post this shot taken during a recent trip to Tasmania. Guide Falls is located just out of the town of Burnie in Tasmania's north-west coast. Canon 6D, EF24-70 f4 IS lens, 53mm, f11, 1/15th sec in AV mode.
Cheers,
Paul

Morkel Erasmus
10-07-2018, 05:28 PM
hey Paul
this is a nicely framed waterfall shot
I like the chosen SS, and the even tones/light through the scene, as well as how the waterfall is framed by foliage at varying depths all around.
venture here more often I'd say!

Paul Burdett
10-07-2018, 08:16 PM
Hi Morkel,
Thanks so much for the feedback. As well as avian photography (my main style over the past few years) I really enjoy landscapes...so I will definitely post more. Cheers!

Andrew McLachlan
10-11-2018, 07:28 PM
A very nice waterfall image here Paul! You handled the lighting conditions very nicely as well. I do love the texture of flowing water at 1/15 of a second. My only suggestion would be to use a polarizer next time to help eliminate the glare on the wet rocks and to saturate the greens a little more. Looking forward to seeing more of your landscape scenes!

Paul Burdett
10-14-2018, 03:07 AM
Thank you Andrew...I appreciate the feedback. Yes, the polariser is a good idea here...will think about that next time. Cheers!