PDA

View Full Version : Island - Cannes (South France)

Kaushik Balakumar
06-27-2008, 06:57 AM
Made this image from an island near Cannes - South France.

http://www.pbase.com/bkaushik/image/98647431.jpg

Nikon D70s + Nikkor 12-24mm AF-S;
f/16, 1/125, ISO200, Matrix metered with -0.7 compensation;

C & C welcome...

Robert Amoruso
06-27-2008, 07:16 AM
Kaushik,

Like the use of the FG elements to compose this image. Exposure looks good but the point of land in the BG is lacking detail. You could select just that and open up the shadows some. The sky is an attractive blue but not very dramatic I would suggest that aiming the camera down here for more FG would produce a more pleasing affect. I would only include 1/2 of the sky shown.

Nice work and looking forward to your next post.

Roman Kurywczak
06-27-2008, 04:40 PM
Hi Kaushik,
The FG elements are nice.....but not terribly strong to carry the image. Including more as Robert suggested and thus minimizing the sky may have helped.......but it would have had to have been a pretty strong element to help carry this compositionally. Possibly more dramatic lighting would also have achieved the same result.

Paul Marcellini
06-30-2008, 07:23 PM
Nice comp, the foreground would greatly enhance an already nice sky, but I don't know if it can hold its own.

Judd Patterson
06-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Thanks for sharing Kaushik! I gotta agree with the others that overall this image has potential but lacks the punch to tip it over the top...some nice clouds in the sky or unusual lighting conditions would be great. Keep working the area if you have the chance!